We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grants Pass OR
fishing

For more info on Redrum, go to Charter fishing experince. We had trouble finding their office open. Only on the third day and they were there. They told our son to call them when he got to town but it was impossible to reach them by phone so drove down there and someone was in the office and said the phone was out of order, or something. We did catch fish the second trip which we had already pd for, only because we told the captain of the panga to get some good bait and we would pay for it. He said all they would provide was huge bait too large for the yellowtail tuna that were being caught then, and we did catch some with the good bait. But the trip ended up costing alot more than they said it would and no fish the first trip because of the very large bait and if possible we just want to save others from the problems we had

Cabo San Lucas...
1. Re: fishing

GPsunlover,

I am truely sorry that you had this experience. if you look at my post on fishing you will see that i have never reccommended a Panga from CSL for this and other reasons. I always reccommend Panga trips from LaPlayita. I have fished with RedRum for a good long while including this past week. everything was flawless. Many Marlin releases and more Dorado etc. than we could count. I have no explanation as to why their office was not open. I have never had this issue. I would have contacted Heather, Vince or the fleet manager, Jorge and im confident they would have addressed your problems. I will mention all of this to them as well. This is an unfortunate circumstance but i do not believe that it is a reflection of the company at all. There have been many, many TripAdvisor visitors who have used this firm and this is evedent by their post. I am always dissapointed when someone take my reccommendation and then has a less than desireable experience. I have taken advice from others on different issues and had the same problem so i understand your position but i think it is, on the whole and isolated unfortunate incident for which i m sorry. I will continue to reccommend this company and will speak to Heather about your specific circumstance. There is no doubt in my mind that their services represent one of the best values in sportfishing in Cabo. Also if you look at my past post you will see i always provide a list of other firms i reccommend. Buena Suerte.... jim

Texas
2. Re: fishing

Yachtdude! It's about time you came out of the wood work! Great to hear you had such a succesful trip. Parman

Cabo San Lucas...
3. Re: fishing

Pardude,

Thanks, havent had a chance to answer e-mail yet but its coming! Fishing is outstanding! Thanks Bro! Buena Suerte... jim

Grants Pass OR
4. Re: fishing

YM, We are sorry too that redrum turned out to be less than what they agreed to in their email confirmation. You did mention several companys and we just happened to choose them because they were on your list, but do not recall you saying anything about the panga trip being less than good, and have no idea why it should be. It is one of the trips they offer. We thot too that maybe because it was only half days that we were treated the way we were. But we still expected them to keep their agreement even if it was only 2 half day trips, and we expected the bait they provide to be appropriate. If you refer to Fishing charter experience you will see where someone who went for the whole day had trouble too. We wrote the post to warn anyone who might not be able to climb over the seawall and down a rocky bank to board the boat and to check them out before hand more than we did. We did catch plenty of fish the second time as we told the captain to get some good bait and we pd for it. and the place where we stayed were nice to freeze it for us. But it still was not an experience we would want to repeat. vince and Heather are probably nice people but just out of touch with whats going on with their boats. If the panga trip is not something you would recommend and not what they say it will be then it would be good if you would mention this when you recommend them. We love cabo but won't fish with them again. gracias for the reply!

Grants Pass OR
5. Re: fishing

YM, We are sorry too that redrum turned out to be less than what they agreed to in their email confirmation. You did mention several companys and we just happened to choose them because they were on your list, but do not recall you saying anything about the panga trip being less than good, and have no idea why it should be. It is one of the trips they offer. We thot too that maybe because it was only half days that we were treated the way we were. But we still expected them to keep their agreement even if it was only 2 half day trips, and we expected the bait they provide to be appropriate. If you refer to Fishing charter experience you will see where someone who went for the whole day had trouble too. We wrote the post to warn anyone who might not be able to climb over the seawall and down a rocky bank to board the boat and to check them out before hand more than we did. We did catch plenty of fish the second time as we told the captain to get some good bait and we pd for it. and the place where we stayed were nice to freeze it for us. But it still was not an experience we would want to repeat. vince and Heather are probably nice people but just out of touch with whats going on with their boats. If the panga trip is not something you would recommend and not what they say it will be then it would be good if you would mention this when you recommend them. We love cabo but won't fish with them again. gracias for the reply!

Denver, CO
6. Re: fishing

Sorry to hear of your experience. We fished with Redrum last June and had a great experience, although we didn't take a panga out. We got skunked but our guys tried like hell to get us a fish. Noone was hungry except us apparently. ;)

I do recall that seawall however because the water taxi we took to their office dropped us off right there and we had to climb up it to get to the office. So, if you take a water taxi through the marina, be prepared for a bit of a climb as well.

T