We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving to Cabo On Oct 2

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
reviews: 1
Leaving to Cabo On Oct 2

I'm looking for some basic advice for two first timers to Cabo. My wife and I will be going to the Riu on Oct 2nd, and are curious to know if we should take any "going out" clothes or will we be okay in shorts and flip flops all week? What are some of the more popular bars to go to in the evening and what would be the best way to get there (bus, taxi, or rental)? I've read a couple of mixed reviews so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
1. Re: Leaving to Cabo On Oct 2

Your basic shorts and flip flops will do for most every place. I do take one "nice" outfit in case we want to do something special, and my other half takes a nice pair of shorts and a shirt that he can wear. There are some places that may require more dressy attire, but we haven't bothered to check them out. You will have a great time! Relax and enjoy it!

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
2. Re: Leaving to Cabo On Oct 2

Renting a car is the best way to see other area around Cabo, but if it is your 1st time you might want to just get to know Cabo and hang out at the Riu and not bother with a rental this time. Popular Bars---Giggling Marlin, Cabo Wabo, Squid Row(younger crowd). You can't miss any of them when you are walking around town. It is not a very big area and all 3 are in walking distance of each other. At night it is fun to get dressed up a little (resort wear), but during the day shorts and bathing suits.

Have Fun!!

Dallas
3. Re: Leaving to Cabo On Oct 2

Just got back. Most places, shorts are fine at night. At resorts, I would dress up more. The most important tip I can give you is IT'S VERY HUMID & STILL HOT AT NIGHT RIGHT NOW. For a woman, I would wear a sleeveless top at night & either capris, a skirt, or shorts, depending on where you are going. You will not even need a light sweater. If there is no breeze or you are wearing too much clothing, you will be uncomfortable. All the restaurants I saw were unairconditioned.