We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a Wal Mart close to the Riu???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 1
Is there a Wal Mart close to the Riu???

Does anyone know if the is a Wal-mart close to the RIU? If yes how far away and how much would a taxi cost?

Virginia
1. Re: Is there a Wal Mart close to the Riu???

Sunlover,

there is not a WalMart but there is a Costco close by. They have proposed building a WalMart but its only Costco for now. you could share a cab ride for a couple of bucks or take on the the public busses for next to nothing. Buena Suerte.. jim

st paul, mn
2. Re: Is there a Wal Mart close to the Riu???

fortunately It is a costco. Even though I have a sams club membership (walmart family) I will be changing to costco due to company politics, business practises, and finacial well being of other businesses in all areas. costco handles all these in more thoughtful way. There is also a Mexican company almost equivalent of just east of the new mall and they have day passes you can buy as well.

st paul, mn
3. Re: Is there a Wal Mart close to the Riu???

see posts re ccc

Texas
4. Re: Is there a Wal Mart close to the Riu???

I agree about Sam's Club. However, there are no Costco's in my part of the country, so I have no membership there. I think we will go to CCC and try our luck there. Parman

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
5. Re: Is there a Wal Mart close to the Riu???

parman, the CCC is really nice. Great selection of food, nice fruits and deli section, prices are good. Good selection of liquor at good prices. Heck, you can even buy a "floatie" for the pool. The other place that is mentioned (Mexican Costco) is called City Club. They will sell you a one day membership, however, I haven't shopped there so I can't tell you much about their selection.

cabo san lucas
6. Re: Is there a Wal Mart close to the Riu???

The City Club is like a Mexican Costco and has all the same things as Costco. The nice thing about City Club is the liquor is seperate from the rest of the store so if you just want to go for that, it is quick and easy. They charge 10 pesos for non-membership holders. It is located right in the middle of Cabo so is very convenient. If you are shopping just for food for your hotel, then definitely CCC is the way to go. The liquor is cheap there as well.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
7. Re: Is there a Wal Mart close to the Riu???

City Club also has a huge parking lot, that was almost empty, and provided some much needed, easy to locate parking when having to do some business on that end of town ;-)