We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel resort rooms or villa for group of 6

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KY
hotel resort rooms or villa for group of 6

Lots of choices for places to stay - overwhelming! I have been checking reviews and contacting hotels. For a group of 6 adults (3 couples), would you recommend leaning towards a resort or renting a villa. I have narrowed down my search, per recommendations, that we would like the great view associated with the Pacific. I am also leaning towards renting a car, because it seems like there is so much to do and walking may not always be the best option. If a villa is the way to go, what company would you recommend booking through? Any specific villa that anyone has stayed at and what experience did you have?

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
1. Re: hotel resort rooms or villa for group of 6

Go to

http://www.cabovillas.com

you will find this web site very interesting, I have friends that have used them with great success.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
2. Re: hotel resort rooms or villa for group of 6

I would add to Trapper's post-take a look at Earth, Sea and Sky and Cabo Villa's. They are both good tour operators and can put together a full package for you in either a villa or a resort. If you are interested in their info., you can email my work and I will be able to get it for you on Monday.

kdbjtravel@hotmail.com (I don't work for either company, but do use them and have found them to be very good)

Nashville, TN
reviews: 1
3. Re: hotel resort rooms or villa for group of 6

kwt1-this may not be the area you are interested in as it is on the swimmable beach facing Sea of Cortez, not Pacific, but Villa La Estancia has great 3 bedroom villas. The entrance is an open air foyer with a wrought iron gate entry. On each side of the foyer there is a wooden door leading into the 2 sides, one which contains a very private bed & bath, and the other side is the living, dining and other bedrooms and baths. The iron gate locks and allows you to leave your other doors open with the breeze blowing through the entire villa. The huge balcony runs the length of the villa with to die for views. If you check out Bestday.com, they are offering the 4th night free until September. For photos of villas go to cabolaestancia.com or laestanciavacations.com. Villa 3303 is my idea of a dream vacation. I can e-mail photos if you are interested. Best of luck-I know it is so hard to decide.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
4. Re: hotel resort rooms or villa for group of 6

Another thought-Playa Grande has some very large suites! They are beautiful, and I think they sleep at least 8!

Nashville, TN
5. Re: hotel resort rooms or villa for group of 6

Stayed at Playa also. Pool is very large and nice. Resort is very colorful and grounds are pretty. Didn't use the spa, but heard it was very nice. We had a one bedroom so that room number won't help any. again-have recent photos if that will help.

california
6. Re: hotel resort rooms or villa for group of 6

I agree, check out Playa Grande and their referral program at:

www.playagrande.com.mx

Ron

KY
7. Re: hotel resort rooms or villa for group of 6

Did the referral thing last night, at katd's suggestion. I will keep checking on that because the special is only running through August or September, I think. I am planning for February. I got an e-mail from the referral program today because I was having trouble with the site last night. Anyone know how long the presentation would take?

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
reviews: 48
8. Re: hotel resort rooms or villa for group of 6

The Playa Grande presentation isn't as high pressure as most. They will tell you it's 90 minutes; plan on two hours----and just say NO. Then say it again, and again, and again. If you love it and want to buy, buy re-sale for 1/4th to 1/2 the developer price when you get home. There are ZERO benefits to be gained from purchasing from the developer, and there are thousands of dollars to be gained from purchasing re-sale. There will be some ads in The Gringo Gazette for re-sale timeshares. I say this only because everyone goes with the intent of saying no and not purchasing, but they are very persuasive, and the units are lovely. JUST SAY NO.