We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KayD,y.m and all the regulars

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
KayD,y.m and all the regulars

Maybe we should title a Post ""HAVE YOU RESEARCHED YOUR POST " and then everyday repost it, so it's there every day. That way new questions can be answered, not ones that were answered on page 2.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 31
1. Re: KayD,y.m and all the regulars

Trapper, that is a good idea, but you are assuming a lot ;-)

We could certainly give it a go...............I agree, a lot of the same questions get asked over and over.

My question to you is.........do you ever look at the Cancun area posts? They get some really nasty things going! I look through them as I gather ideas for clients (haven't been there in a long time), but some of the posts are down-right gross. It really makes me appreciate the posters on the Baja pages! Plus, there aren't nearly as many to look through.

What is happening with your forced AI timeshare????When are you going back down?

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
2. Re: KayD,y.m and all the regulars

KayD: What I'm trying to do is put all the regulars in a position to answer ALL questions. I have noticed that you Y.M. and all the regulars including myself can not answer all the questions. We all have only so much time on the computer. We all love Cabo, all I'm asking is that posters do a little research before making a post. What is happening is that posts that require an in depth answer are getting short changed because we do not have the time to answer posts (with in-depth answers) that were answered on page 2.

This AI THING at the Costa is a mess. First they say it will only cost the owners $30.00 per day, then I hear that owners will not have to pay if they do not want to.

They do not know whats is going on.

You will love this. My long trip to cabo this year is in October (3weeks). I'm taking my son again. I traded 3 of my weeks for the Sol Mar, he will be there for 3 weeks. Solely based on all of your great comments. I will be in town (2 at the Costa and 1 at the Marina) While he will be at your favorite for 3 straight weeks.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 31
3. Re: KayD,y.m and all the regulars

I hope we can get your idea going! I think it's an excellent one.

I am sorry to hear things aren't figured out yet! That is the pits, for sure.

I wish we were going to be down there then! That would be great! I hope he is not disappointed with Solmar! It is sort of a "homey" place, but as you know-we Love It! Lupita is the manager, and she is wonderful! and we love the Mariachi's also. Oh well, enough of that-we will be there for a week in May! That will have to do!

Vancouver, BC
4. Re: KayD,y.m and all the regulars

What I think would be really useful if we could get the TripAdvisor web people to create sub-forums under the 'Cabos San Lucas' forum with names like 'Accomodations', 'Car Rental', 'Dining', 'Snorkeling', 'Night Life', etc. etc. etc.

Then people could post topics in those sub-forums with all their questions and answers and good advice.

How does that sound ?

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
5. Re: KayD,y.m and all the regulars

Grinder: Great idea, then we could go to the area that is our expertise.

San Diego, Ca
reviews: 7
6. Re: KayD,y.m and all the regulars

regulars, From what I have read, it seems like all you have is time to spend in this forum. And you know what, I am glad you do. I to, find it refreshing to hear good comments with little nastyness. You do not like something, you say why then leave it at that.

california
reviews: 1
7. Re: KayD,y.m and all the regulars

Hi All:

I think, if there was a built in search engine to go back through history on posts, would be very useful. Especially for the repeat questions.

Just an idea.

Ron

california
reviews: 1
8. Re: KayD,y.m and all the regulars

Forget my last thought....there is a search engine. If the best, make mistakes.

Cabo San Lucas...
9. Re: KayD,y.m and all the regulars

Katd, Trapper, and all

I agree with all of you. I do think that even though there is a search function some visitors simply enjoy the interaction of posting their questions or concerns in their own words and being responded to on a more personal level.

Trapper i certainly hope your property ordeal comes to a satisfactory conclusion. Have a great day! ........... jim

Chicago, IL
10. Re: KayD,y.m and all the regulars

To all the regulars,

With all do respect to your concern over repeat questions, I thought the point of the boards was for people who are about to take a trip to Cabo - to have the chance to ask questions about the area, resort they are staying at, activities, etc...Its a chance to get a VARIETY of people's perspectives. And things change from time to time -- so what's been posted in the past may be different. What was good on your last trip may or may not be good in some people's minds who just took a trip.

In addition, I think often times - there is alot of conversation among regulars that could be taken offline as well...not necessarily information that is helping people plan their trip but more "inside jokes" between the group.

I do find quite a bit of the info the regulars have posted -helpful so thank you for that but I do find info from first time travelers or people new to the board equally as helpful!

Just something to consider....