We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

How to get there?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Walkerton, Canada
reviews: 12
How to get there?

Hi, I learned about San Carlos on House Hunters Intl. recently. How does one get there from either Toronto, ON or Buffalo NY by plane? I've checked my fave online travel sites and not found out anything.

Thanks in advance,

Funkynassau in Ontario

13 replies to this topic
Walkerton, Canada
11. Re: How to get there?

Hi, yes it does help - a lot! We really dont want to rent a car, preferring buses. Being self employed winter here is our slow season so holidays happen in late Feb. to early Mar. and not later than that. Hubby would be interested in snorkeling, and it's ok if it's too cold to swim. A lack of tourists is one of the prime reasons to look for a smaller off the beaten path place to vacation. Just somewhere to relax, chill out, hang out, talk to people, and eat authentic Mexican food, not some Americanized version.

Thanks for all of the info and the links, I have a lot of reading to do!

Guaymas, Mexico
reviews: 18
12. Re: How to get there?

Late Feb /early March will be a good time. There is a shuttle bus that goes from the airport to Guaymas but I'm not sure how often. Taxi's can get you to the regular hermo bus station and there are quite a few buses heading south. Not all stop at Guaymas but many do. Tufesa is a widely respected bus line. As far as busing around San Carlos, that is a problem. You can catch buses every 20 minutes or so into Guaymas and from the east end of town to the Marina area. However some of the spots you won't want to miss are further west. The scenic viewpoint, Soggy Peso and another brand new Palapa bar are all further west. But you can always wait and determine whether you need one after you are down here. Nacapule Canyon with it's natural spring is also not busable. There are bike and scooter rentals however. Feel free to ask more questions as they arise. You can also register on sancarlosboard.com and ask any questions you have there also. it has a wide readership of people who live there or visit frequently.

Walkerton, Canada
13. Re: How to get there?

Thanks so much for your reply, I do appreciate the info!

Reply to: How to get there?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted