We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Miguel d'allende hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Miguel de Allende hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
San Miguel d'allende hotel

Debating between booking casa de Sierra Nevada versus the rosewood property in San Miguel d'Allende...any thoughts between the two? Will be for four nights first trip away from children...

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
reviews: 81
1. Re: San Miguel d'allende hotel

Since I am a resident, I have not stayed at either, and you are unlikely to get a response here from anyone who has stayed at both. I assume you have checked the reviews. I have eaten at both, and used the pools and drank at the rooftop bar at the Rosewood.

They are very different sorts of place. Rosewood is big and splashy (literally so poolside!). Sierra Nevada is older, more intimate and spread over several properties in centro. Another newish upmarket option is the Matllda, which is popular with wealthy chilangos.

Edited: 9:10 am, May 03, 2013
marin, ca
reviews: 1
2. Re: San Miguel d'allende hotel

I agree that it depends on what your aesthetics are. Personally, I love the older, colonial feel of the Sierra Nevada and the Rosewood feels a bit more sterile/ less authentic to me. Of course that aesthetic could be what another traveler prefers. I would say, if you are going to stay at the Sierra Nevada, book a Master/Colonial Suite in either Casa Palma (the newest building) or Casa Limon. The rooms are huge, beautiful, full of character and have private plunge pools. I also prefer the location of the Sierra Nevada and you can also usually find a deal for on Luxury Link.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Have a great trip!

reviews: 1
3. Re: San Miguel d'allende hotel

My husband and I had the same dilemma and ended up booking the Rosewood for August. What did you decide (if you don't mind sharing)?

NYC
4. Re: San Miguel d'allende hotel

Thanks for the advice! I think we are going to try casa de Sierra Nevada (not going till next January- though looking forward to it already!)

5. Re: San Miguel d'allende hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 11, 2014