We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa de Aparicio

Which San Miguel de Allende hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Miguel de...
reviews: 72
Casa de Aparicio

Could anyone, please, provide an unbiased review on Casa De Aparicio. I am considering this property for my next visit but with so many options and not necessarily a whole lot of detailed information, decision becomes a little difficult. Also, could anyone tell me about the whereabouts of MIKEMO?

Many thanks,

PELUCH

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
reviews: 82
1. Re: Casa de Aparicio

Have you tried contacting any of the seven people who reviewed this property on TA? I know they are rather effusive reviews and several are by one-post wonders, but you might get someone to elucidate. You could also try calling the owner to find out if she is as nice as the reviewers say she is.

The location is certainly quite good, although maybe not quite as flat a walk to the Jardín as the website says it is!

San Miguel de...
2. Re: Casa de Aparicio

Thank you, Londinense. I will follow your suggestions. It appears that the Forum is not as active as it was years ago...unless the topic is a sensitive one. Perhaps a wrong impression. Do you know anything about Mikemo?He used to be an expert for SMA, as well. I, myself, when I lived there, wrote over 500 posts. Many thanks.

PELUCH

santa cruz...
3. Re: Casa de Aparicio

Peluch was the most helpful, thoughtful poster! The forum was very active in those years & if he didn't have an answer he went out of his way to research & find it.

P - I wrote a private email to you via Trip Advisor. I'll write another with a little more info on Mikemo. Lena

toronto
reviews: 15
4. Re: Casa de Aparicio

I too am interested in MikeMo..when we made our first trip to SMA he actually went to the house we were thinking of renting to see if it was ok!! I couldn't believe that someone would do that! And I also got great info from Peluch and Londinense over the years...by the way, the house he saw for us and recommended was great and started our 5 year love affair with SMA!!

San Miguel de...
5. Re: Casa de Aparicio

Hi Lena and Canchick,

Nice to hear from both of you. I believe the last time I wrote in this Forum about San Miguel was in 2005 or 2006. I am planning to spend a few months in San Miguel in February and I am evaluating some possibilities. Obviously, many things have changed and I now need the same help I once offered.

Lena, I did not receive your email. So, please, send it again if you could.

It is good to know that, still, many people are attached to the "Magic Town".

Happy Holidays to everyone.

PELUCH

santa cruz...
6. Re: Casa de Aparicio

see my post of today with "Mikemo" as the subject for news of him.

New York
reviews: 6
7. Re: Casa de Aparicio

I, too, used to rely on MikeMo's posts. I even met him on my first visit to San Miguel. Had dinner with a group of his friends. He was incredibly kind and helpful, and it's unfortunate he no longer posts. Was he too opinionated for TA? If yes, I will write another review for this site!

New York
reviews: 6
8. Re: Casa de Aparicio

Meant to say "not write"

toronto
reviews: 15
9. Re: Casa de Aparicio

Did you end up at Casa de Aparacio..care to give a review on it? Thanks

San Miguel de...
10. Re: Casa de Aparicio

Not yet. Arriing on March 1. I will write my findings later.

PELUCH