We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viajes San Miguel - Beware!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Miguel de Allende hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Miguel de...
reviews: 49
Viajes San Miguel - Beware!!!

Louise (a senior) was charged US$30. for a shuttle from BJX on Thursday. They are still advertising the $26. fare.

Worse, after driving other shuttle passengers all over town for more than an hour, the driver refused to bring her to our house and left her in the Centro for a taxi (the VSM driver paid the $20, peso taxi fare).

Like the now less than good Berlin restaurant, their service has declined significantly!

M

toronto
reviews: 15
1. Re: Viajes San Miguel - Beware!!!

We are scheduled for pick up at the end of the month and they are charging us the $26 (at least that's what the confirmation e-mail said). Do you know why they refused to take L. to your house - were you able to follow up? Any alternate suggestions?

Houston, Texas
reviews: 26
2. Re: Viajes San Miguel - Beware!!!

Used them twice last month and they told me in advance that rates were higher now. We paid $28.

We may have our first no-so-good experience with them in the future, but we are back and forth once a month and we have had only good experiences to date.

Got to ask, have you ever ordered the goulash or goulash soup at Berlin? It really is very good. Can't speak to the other dishes.

toronto
reviews: 15
3. Re: Viajes San Miguel - Beware!!!

oops..I double checked my paperwork and it is $28pp.

TravelBugKWFL
reviews: 1
4. Re: Viajes San Miguel - Beware!!!

This letter was written to Viajes San Miguel... and I'm still waiting for a response. Whatever you do PLEASE stay away from them.

To whom It may concern:

This letter is to notify about the lack commitment and professionalism shown by your company on our last trip to San Miguel.

On the return trip from San Miguel to Leon International Airport after your driver was 15 minutes late, my phone was left in the back seat of one of your vehicles. After contacting the emergency number provided by your web-site, I was asked to call back 5 minutes later... 3 phone calls and 10 minutes later the phone was answered, your emergency contact attendee with the driver on the other line informed me that the phone was not in the car after I told them exactly where the phone was left (May I add, I'm originally from Caracas, Venezuela and this conversation took place in perfect Spanish). I had a plane to catch, and realized that arguing wasn't going to get me anywhere taking into consideration the lack of commitment to acceptable customer service expected from a company who most of their revenue will come from return customers and traveler reviews.

My partner is a freelance travel photographer for a group well known publications worldwide. We have had the luck and the pleasure to travel to places like France, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Costa Rica, Venezuela, and Peru in the last six months. At none of these places did we encounter problems with any of the several shuttle companies that we have travel with. As a business owner myself I understand that is very hard to overlook the everyday operations of a company, but the commitment to supervise every detail and properly train employees to do the same is what makes the difference between "just another shuttle company" to "the company to travel with when in San Miguel de Allende". I hope you can use this small letter to attend to some of your flaws, and I wish you the best of luck in getting Viajes San Miguel's service standard to where it should be.

Houston, Texas
5. Re: Viajes San Miguel - Beware!!!

Still have no complaints and we use them all the time. Last month we had guests too. Timely pick-up and no over charge.

I will report if their are problems, but right now, we are very pleased and trust them to always pick us up. That's a big deal as far as we are concerned.

Sanibel, Florida
reviews: 23
6. Re: Viajes San Miguel - Beware!!!

Dear travelbugKYFL,

How frustrating that must have been. Being an experienced traveler you may already be aware of the necessary wording. "I have left my phone in your vehicle and am offering a REWARD for its return."

Now I am not saying that there are no superhonest people in that business, but I have found(I am always leaving things behind) that milagros happen when you offer a reward. It is an extra incentive to the parties involved. Given the choice of keeping the phone or getting say 350 pesos, they might look a little harder. When confronted with the return of the item I give them the reward as though it truly was a miracle that they found it-no recriminations.

I got my camera back, they got to treat the family to a nice meal. Everyone wins.

One more suggestion to those who have lost an item.Go to the local radio station. They regularly broadcast descriptions of what was lost and how to reach the person. This would only work if you were remaining in town.

San Miguel de...
7. Re: Viajes San Miguel - Beware!!!

We have been driving/parking or using San Miguel Shuttle (US$24. pp to from BJX).

The Berlin food has declined as it has in many places here.

M

arizona
8. Re: Viajes San Miguel - Beware!!!

While I have not had any problems with Viajes SM, on my last trip I used the newer San Miguel Shuttle. Had a perfect trip in.

When I was to return to BJX, I waited and waited and grew incensed, leaving many messages on the phone. Imagine my embarrassment when I discovered, I had made my reservation for the wrong date! Despite the fact that the entire problem was MY FAULT, San Miguel Shuttle offered to pay my out-of-pocket expenses to the airport (I refused, of course), also offered me a free shuttle trip on my next trip (I also refused) AND offered me a free drink at El Manantial next time I'm in town (I'll take that one!)

This was the most exceptional customer service I've seen in a long time, going out of their way to make things right even when the entire error was mine. I will definitely use them from now on.

Houston, Texas
9. Re: Viajes San Miguel - Beware!!!

Got to say though that every last one of my experiences have been good ones. I like the fact that I never worry about pickup going back to Houston. They always show up. That's a biggy!

What happened to your friends sounds awful, but I use them all the time. We come and go a lot and always by air. So far, no complaints. (in March counting all the different trips by family members and friends, we used them for 6 different trips)

San Miguel de...
10. Re: Viajes San Miguel - Beware!!!

L has used San Miguel Shuttle many times this year and we have current res with them next trip out of BJX.

M