We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tsitsikamma National Park - worth an over night stay

Which Garden Route hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
reviews: 10
Tsitsikamma National Park - worth an over night stay

I am currently planning our self drive honeymoon to south africa in feb and am nearly there with our route however i am just trying ti finalise the last few nights and was wondering is the Tsitsikamma National Park worth staing over night? or how about jefferys bay? the current plan is

2 night Pumba safrai lodge

1 night TBA??

2 nights Plettenberg bay

2 nights Knysna

1 night oudtshoorn

2 nights franschhoek

4 nights cape town

i am not sure if the national park can be done whilst staying in Plettenberg bay? if so should we add another night in cape town and head down to camps point? we like doing things at relaxed pace and dont want to feel like we are always on the go

any advice is much appericated

Edited: 2:58 pm, November 18, 2012
Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
reviews: 67
1. Re: Tsitsikamma National Park - worth an over night stay

I did an almost identical tour 6 years ago. I stayed at Tsitsikamma, Plett and Knysna. I think it would have been better to stay in Tsitsikamma and knysna and leave out plett. Rhen again the biggest drawing card of plett is its beach, so if this is important stay in plett. Having said this, it is possible to visit storm river mouth from plett, but Tsitsikamma is amazing while plett is very nice but no comparrison to Storms river mouth.

Berks
2. Re: Tsitsikamma National Park - worth an over night stay

You could certainly visit Tsitsikamma from Plett. It all depends on whether you particularly want to stay in Plettenberg Bay, my preference would be two nights at Storms River, then an extra night in Cape town where there is so much to do and see.

Western Cape, South...
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 37
3. Re: Tsitsikamma National Park - worth an over night stay

Honestly, no need to be at Plettenberg Bay at all, if you are OK with simple, comfortable self-catering lodging at the Storms River Rest Camp. Great place to make some memories.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

Hermanus, South...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Tsitsikamma National Park - worth an over night stay

I agree with advice to stay at Tsits and skip Plet. It is beautiful with nice activities e.g row/boat up the river from the mouth, snorkel,hikes, tree top canopy tour and so on. On the way to Knysna stop over at Birds of Eden and primate sanctuary at the Crags. You can also that day stop over at Plet and check it out. I would also then add an extra day for Cape Town

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 126
5. Re: Tsitsikamma National Park - worth an over night stay

We loved staying at the Tsitsikamma lodge, in our room there was a fire in the centre of the room and a big box of firewood, very romantic so ideal for a honeymoon couple.

6. Re: Tsitsikamma National Park - worth an over night stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, December 16, 2013