We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Avon August 10-17

Which Avon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 9
Trip to Avon August 10-17

Going to be headed to Avon arriving on August 10th and leaving on August 17th, going to be staying at the Hyatt Mountain Lodge. I am 26 and the girlfriend will be with me who is 24. My parents are also going to be there (in their 50's).. I am looking for suggestions for things to do with me and my girlfriend, and then also things to do with my parents as well..

We will be taking our Jeep's out there, so if there are any places to go offroading. Also are there are nice hiking trails? Also Maybe biking trails as well..

We aren't restricted to much by budget, but nothing ridiculous..

Also does anyone know of any good Gluten-Free restaurants?

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
reviews: 16
1. Re: Trip to Avon August 10-17

The Hyatt is actually in the Village of Beaver Creek, just up the hill from the town of Avon. Check www.beavercreek.com and www.vail.com for activities going on that week. Lots of nice hiking trails on both mountains, hanging lake in Glenwood Springs is a great hike too, there are nice jeep trails too (depending on your level of expertise) in the area. Most restaurants have Gluten -free options but there aren't any fully Gluten-free restaurants.

Cincinnati, Ohio
2. Re: Trip to Avon August 10-17

Humm ok weird, I wonder why the email for confirmation says Avon, oh well. I will check out those 2 websites, do you know of any good trails / sites for good jeep trails (one that are clearly marked or have maps with their difficultness listed as well).

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 241
3. Re: Trip to Avon August 10-17

The Park Hyatt is in Beaver Creek Village, as noted. Lots of hiking and biking.

If you are seriously interested in Jeeping, have you thought of adding in a trip to Moab or to Ouray/Silverton/Durango? They're only a few hours away and would give you access to truly world class Jeep trails. While you'll find opportunities around Beaver Creek/Avon to use your Jeep, you'll have much of an adventure in those locations.

Have fun.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4. Re: Trip to Avon August 10-17

Tumbleweedandcactus ,

Since we will be traveling a pretty far distance, with no trailer and only a truck as well we prolly aren't trying to be too extreme. Do you know if there are any marked trails near here?

Also I saw there will be a wine festival during this week..

Anything else going on This week?

Thanks again!

Nederland, Colorado
reviews: 10
5. Re: Trip to Avon August 10-17

Drive over Shrine Pass: http://tinyurl.com/cl6olef

www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=107

Edited: 3:23 pm, August 05, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
6. Re: Trip to Avon August 10-17

Awesome this looks great! We will definitely do that!

Reply to: Trip to Avon August 10-17
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted