We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit to Ujjain & Omkareshwar

Kolkata
visit to Ujjain & Omkareshwar

I wish to go to ujjain & then to Omkareshwar. Please advise best possible train routes with schedules from Howrah to Ujjain and then return to Howrah from Omkareshwar. My mail id. is dbmalya@gmail.com

Bengaluru...
reviews: 60
1. Re: visit to Ujjain & Omkareshwar

Try Shipra express (19306) which leaves Howrah at 5 45 PM and reaches Ujjain the next day evening at 1135 PM. The return train leaves Ujjain at 1 10 AM in the morning and arrives Howrah the next morning at 645 AM.

There is only a meter guage train from Ujjain to Omkareshwar and hence will suggest do that sector by bus or hire a cab (about 140 KM one way)

Kolkata (Calcutta...
reviews: 98
2. Re: visit to Ujjain & Omkareshwar

HI debmalya,

Have you completed your trip to Ujjain & Omkareshwar . If yes, please share your details regarding how you started from kolkata, accommodation, transport ets.I am also planning to get dharshan soon unless devine calls.

WIth Thanks & Regards,

Calcutta, West...
3. Re: visit to Ujjain & Omkareshwar

I am a senior citizen.I want to go to Ujjain,Indore and Omkareswar

with my wife,a senior citizen,sometime in January,'14.Can anyone

kindly suggest me a tour program based on his own experience?

Durgapur, India
4. Re: visit to Ujjain & Omkareshwar

Sir,

you have not mentioned number of days you want to travel - as you are going so far you may visit some other nearby places. I may suggest you as under :

1. You may go to Jabalpur by Shaktipunj - hotel -

2. local tour of marble rock water falls etc - night train at 9 pm for Ujjain

3. next morning - hotel - Darshan and local tour

4. OR board down at Indore - hotel - Mandu by car and come back then (3)..

5. by bus to Omkareswar - stay

6. go to jalgaon - for Nasik - by train - stay - local tour and Jyotirling Traimbakeswar other day

7. then to Shirdi - come back by Shirdi - Shalimar train.

Have a good journey.

S.Mitra

siddhartha.mitra1@sbi.co.in

Durgapur, India
5. Re: visit to Ujjain & Omkareshwar

Sir,

Another Jyotirling Grihshneswar near Aurangabad may be seen via Jalgaon - then Shirdi - Nasik - back via Mumbai mail / Duronto Exp.

Thanks.

6. Re: visit to Ujjain & Omkareshwar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 11, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Omkareshwar
More Omkareshwar Topics