We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle to tulum - arriving at night in cancun?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fremont
reviews: 6
shuttle to tulum - arriving at night in cancun?

Hi, Sorry for so many posts but I'm having a hard time getting hotels this late in tulum on the dates we wanted so we're thinking of maybe driving from Cancun Airport straight to Tulum - any idea if there are shuttles that run that far in the night (we arrive at 8:00 pm) and if so, what's the approx. rate? Also, is it possible to rent a car from one city and return at another city like in the US (we're thinking of renting from tulum and returning in Cancun?)

THanks for all the help!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
1. Re: shuttle to tulum - arriving at night in cancun?

The only place I know of that rents cars in Tulum is Ana y Jose. I don't think they have a location in Cancun. Why don't you just rent a car from Cancun and keep it the entire time?

Netherlands
2. Re: shuttle to tulum - arriving at night in cancun?

Many people recommend Dita at GetDita.com, they provide one way transfer services to Tulum at a very decent rate. I just booked a transfer and we'll be arriving in Cancun after 9 pm.

As for car rental, you can book at EasyWay www.easywayrentacar.com. They will deliver the car to your Tulum hotel and you can drop it off in Cancun for just 1 dollar extra.

Have a look at the LocoGringo message board at www.locogringo.com for more information on these and other topics. You can also book the transfer services through them.

Providence, Rhode...
reviews: 38
3. Re: shuttle to tulum - arriving at night in cancun?

The shuttle prices from Cancun to Tulum are very high and it will save you a great deal of money to just rent a car in Cancun and keep it through the trip. About 200.00 for a week. Localiza is a good one. They offer full coverage insurance for compact vehicle it will run you about 53.00 per day with no deductible held on a credit card. They have offices all over the Riviera Maya and are quite accomodating. Web: localizarentacar.com or call 52-998-885-1199.