We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego, CA
reviews: 9
Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

We are going to Tulum in early June and I'm trying to pick a hotel. We absolutely love the vibe of Hotel Jashita, however, we will not be renting a car & we're a little concerned that it's too far away from Tulum. We like to try different restaurants on vacation & I'm unclear on how many there are around HJ.

If not HJ, where would you recommend?

18 replies to this topic
San Diego, CA
11. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

So would you say The Beach is nicer that NV?

:-)

Fort Worth, TX
reviews: 72
12. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

I'd say The Beach is nicer and you will have AC, but NVR has more charm and more of that Tulum vibe. We did The Beach last summer and are doing NVR this summer. In any situation, I would always choose beachfront!!

San Diego, CA
13. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

Thanks, Mocha! We want beachfront for sure!!! I know we'll love wherever we end up.

Fort Worth, TX
14. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

The free breakfast at Ziggys is amazing, we never were hungry for lunch. Of course, I'm looking forward to the simple continental breakfast at NVR this year so I can try more restaurants. :-P

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
15. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

There is a poster named Niecie - she has stayed at NV and TB - she preferred the charm and friendly staff at NV over the sterile environment at TB. I haven't stayed at either so I can't comment. Not sure if you can search for her somehow - she did a live report back in the fall, I believe.

San Diego, CA
16. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

Ok, that settles it for me. We are going to stick with NV. THe Beach is double the price of NV, plus the charm element is a big deal for us. Thanks for your help!!!

Now off to search all the restaurant threads!! ;-)

Fort Worth, TX
17. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

Can't wait to hear about your trip!! We are staying in the corazon suites in July. Hope you have a fabulous time!!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
18. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

Go to the Tulum Guide section. And click on read all recent reviews - that's what I like to do before a trip as things change often along the beach.

My fave consistent restaurants are: Zamas, Las Estrellas at La Luna, Encantada.

Reply to: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted