We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to Stay for 6???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Place to Stay for 6???

Hello! I am finding it hard to book a place for 5-6 adults in January for under $2000.. Any suggestions? Any recommendations? Looking to be close to the action but also on a beautiful beach. Our top choices so far are: The Marrakech at Cabanas La luna(not sure if they allow that many people to squeeze in there, hasn't returned e-mails..) The MAGNOLIA at Casa Violeta(says they can accommodate 5, but what if our 6th goes?) Wrote Las Ranitas but STILL haven't herd anything back. Piedra Escondida (not sure if the room type C is on the beach? Says the room fits 4 but will they allow us to squeeze in extra? Hasn't returned e-mails..) Casa Sarah, which is a rental home, our TOP choice so far but no restaurant or breakfast.. seems kinda far from action and its about $1,700 for our 3 night stay.. And Casa Sol y Luna which is also a rental home that seems nice. Would like to book ASAP so ANY help would be appreciated!!! THANKS!

30 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
reviews: 22
11. Re: Place to Stay for 6???

Ugh, sorry, I didn't notice that 5-night minimum for Zanzibar. The Jungle Penthouse unit is only a 3-night minimum. Not as fabulous as Zanzibar, of course.

And I doubt you'd find a travel agent who would do any of this for you for little places that won't pay commission! :-)

Pico Beach is pretty basic, I think, but hopefully that will work for you. The "loud" comment is because sometimes the neighboring property holds weddings or parties for people who don't understand that Tulum is overall a quiet place, so they have thumping DJ music til all hours of the night. It's not like it's a fun loud that you would be part of...

OK, a few more ideas. Your budget is actually really solid, at $666/night. Am I reading that wrong? If it weren't for the 3-night limit, you'd have your pick of houses. As it is, though, you could probably get two rooms.

Take a look at Ahau, where you could get two double jr. suites, each room with two queens, or Villa Las Estrellas, where you could get a cabana with a king and two twins plus another room with either just a king or a king and a twin. The twins are super comfortable, not a dinky little bench bed like some places might have.

Take a look also at Las Ranitas, I think they have some units with multiple bed options, like a king and some singles/bunks, and those rooms have access to a pool.

So many thoughts with your budget, so please let me know if I've read that wrong.

12. Re: Place to Stay for 6???

No You read that right! The multiple rooms is an option, but I was REALLY hoping we could all stay together! The Pico Beach had openings but it was $850 a night! ouch. I emailed La Ranitas and haven't herd anything back from them(that was 4 days ago..) Ahau and Villa Las Estrellas are booked... :(

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
13. Re: Place to Stay for 6???

Unfortunately Las Ranitas turned the huge awesome room with bunk beds into a yoga studio....yawn. It was a pretty cool room.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
14. Re: Place to Stay for 6???

Ok....so this cray cray. You are looking for Jan of next year and places are already booked?

Jungle Penthouse at La Luna is kind cool - it does overlook the jungle but there are kinda 3 sleeping areas - the main bedroom, the loft and the somewhat common space that is the main room. I'm pretty sure if can be set up for 6.

What about the house at Zamas? Casa Vallejo.

El Pez has a house now too.

Maybe seperate rooms at Suenos.

15. Re: Place to Stay for 6???

I know! It IS cray cray! lol

16. Re: Place to Stay for 6???

Zamas has TERRABLE reviews..? Casa Vallejo is booked and El Pez is over $1,000 per night.. See what I mean? LOL Finding a place that is nice reasonable and can fit us has been a terrible pain..

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
17. Re: Place to Stay for 6???

High season is a drag. An expensive booked-up drag.

Are you still waiting to hear back from Nueva Vida?

There's a place on the jungle side called Vida Silvestre. Not sure if it would appeal to you.

18. Re: Place to Stay for 6???

I think I'm going to book at the Casa Sarah rental house! They have my dates open and it looks like the BEST value for the price! Looks beautiful!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
reviews: 22
19. Re: Place to Stay for 6???

Casa Sarah is definitely beautiful, so if they'll take your three night requirement, maybe they are perfect. I'll just mention that they are far from other restaurants and such. You might want to get a rental car with a place like that, just to make it easier to get around. It's about as far as you can get from anywhere without going all the way into the biosphere.

I forgot to mention earlier that Retiro Maya has a reasonably-priced house with plenty of room for your group. And they are smack in the middle of the northern half of the south beach, easy access to La Luna, Playa Azul and other fun places.

But if it's too late and you've already booked Casa Sarah, I'm very happy for you--it is a beautiful and secluded part of the beach!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
20. Re: Place to Stay for 6???

Casa Sarah is a great option especially since they'll allow a 3 night stay. Take a look at the map on alltulumhotels.com - although you are far south (beach is really great there) - you all can walk 10-15-20 min up the beach and find great food options.

Reply to: Place to Stay for 6???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted