We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help if you've stayed at resorts in Riviera Maya or...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 1
Please Help if you've stayed at resorts in Riviera Maya or...

I'm overwhelmed by all the choices! I've never been to mexico and i am planning a vacation with my husband this June. I want a peacful resort (where i can relax or party) and an AWESOME beach and ocean. I want an awesome view. I know that some hotels have all beach front views b/c they are a beach front hotel, and other hotels you need to request a beach front room. Please email me any suggestions or pictures. kbrubaker2@woh.rr.com. THanks so much!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Please Help if you've stayed at resorts in Riviera Maya or...

I guess it depends on what size of resort you want to stay at...or maybe a small cabana/hotel.

Use locogringo.com to check out the aerial views. Since beach is most important to you, you'll want to start there first.

Dalton, OH
2. Re: Please Help if you've stayed at resorts in Riviera Maya or...

Well........ I see you're from Ohio... so are we! Leaving from Cleveland via a Funjet tour. Charter plane so it's a STRAIGHT THROUGH flight! We wanted a way from Cancun so we'd be out of the "hotel zone." It will be about an hour SOUTH of the airport, but that's o.k. we'll just take in the scenery.

We decided on Club Maeva b/c of the quaint look of the place & the BEACH was the most important of all. Rooms..... o.k. and a nice jungle feel. That was #2. We wanted LOTS of TREES and the feeling of being in the jungle as well. Not just buildings and a small but nice beach..... and a few palm trees.

We looked at Catalonia Riviera, Akumal Beach, El Mandarin, Barcelo Maya, & Coppacabana but finally settled on Maeva. They each had features we were looking for and I'm sure you'd have a great time at any of them.

TREES, SMALLER, and BEACH...... were our #1. Partying was O.K We want a LITTLE of it and a LOT MORE of the other things and not to be so spread out we needed a golf cart OR too small that we felt like people were on top of us either.

If you want to see lots of pictures go to texaspepper.net and to the "Members Photos" page. Lots of people who have been there in the last 6 months. Has pics of the surrounding area, too, i.e., Playa, Tulum, Chitzen Itza, etc. You'll like that even if you decide on another spot.

Have a great time no matter where.

Ohio
3. Re: Please Help if you've stayed at resorts in Riviera Maya or...

watkins, i didn't know that they offered charters to cancun......when are you going and for how long (that might depend on the charters being offered. Also, are you from Cleveland?

Dalton, OH
4. Re: Please Help if you've stayed at resorts in Riviera Maya or...

We live in Dalton. Between Wooster & Massillon/Canton. It's about 60 miles or so south of Cleveland.

Yes, both Funjet and Apple offer Charters. We chose Funjet for this particular trip b/c it was a little cheaper and we liked the times going in & out. Not real early going down but going back late to get most of the trip. I just noticed you left an email address. I'll try and email and see if it comes through.

Dalton, OH
5. Re: Please Help if you've stayed at resorts in Riviera Maya or...

Oops! I forgot to tell you WHEN we were going. We leave April 30 (Sat) and return on May 7 (Sat). I don't know if it matters when it is. We checked out tons of dates & they always had the Charter offered first but you can pick out regular commercial flights.

We picked out what we wanted & then went to our local AAA Travel Agent & had her set it up. That way if there's a problem we can have her deal with it and it doesn't cost more to do it that way. Just had to give a deposit to hold the room and will have to pay the balance a month before we leave.

Hope that helps.

Charlotte

Cleveland, OH
6. Re: Please Help if you've stayed at resorts in Riviera Maya or...

We are in Bay Village & fly out of Cleveland for these trips. This year & last, we have gone through Apple Vacations for trips to Bahia Principe Tulum (BPT). This year's trip is in March, 2 weeks away. The goal for these trips, that my wife & I go on, is to relax, snorkel, & spend some time on the beach. My overall knowledge of the resorts in the area is limited, but I will certainly offer any information that I can.

Ohio
7. Re: Please Help if you've stayed at resorts in Riviera Maya or...

ram, what do you think of the beaches here? Are they dreamy? Also, ever stayed at the el dorado?

Wisconsin
8. Re: Please Help if you've stayed at resorts in Riviera Maya or...

Married Teacher: I have been to Mexico three times. Stayed in Cancun at the Golden Crown Paradise. Playa Del Carmen stayed at Moon Palace, and stayed in the Riviera Maya at the Mayan Palace Resort. Email me if you want some questions answered kamillard@bemis.com or 1.920.982.8222

Cleveland, OH
9. Re: Please Help if you've stayed at resorts in Riviera Maya or...

BPT is the only place we have stayed. Reviews on the beach are mixed, some parts rocky (N. end) some all sand (S. end), but it is a long section of beach that spans both resorts (BPT & BPA), so there should be something to please anyone. We were looking for something that was away from the crowds (Cancun & Playa del Carmen) and picked the area based on the snorkeling. From there, we ended up picking BPT mainly due to price of the Apple Vacation package.

Roger

Get answers to your questions about Tulum