We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget beach bungalows in Tulum

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 3
budget beach bungalows in Tulum

Hello all,

I'm interested in renting a beach bungalow in late Feb. early March and was wondering if anyone a) had any recommendations b) thinks it's reasonable to just show up and find something when I get there (not book in advance).

It's just me, a single traveler in my late 20s, and I prefer a community but not party atmosphere. I am looking for budget accommodations, as in $50 or less a night ($30 would be awesome but that might be asking too much).

A place that looks like a rustic treehouse with yoga classes and breakfast on offer would be ideal (I expect to pay for the class + food).

Thanks so much for any info!

-Blain

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
1. Re: budget beach bungalows in Tulum

Have you looked at Yoga Shala?

San Francisco...
reviews: 3
2. Re: budget beach bungalows in Tulum

Yes, that one is on my short list for sure! Any others I should check out?

All this internet searching and review reading has me on information overload, so I would love to know if it's feasible to rent a place in advance for the first night and then go looking for the remaining nights' accommodations?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
3. Re: budget beach bungalows in Tulum

It'll be high season. You might be able to find something just by showing up. I wouldn't risk it in high season. You'll mostly be looking at jungle side of the road cabanas like Yoga Shala. Xmblamque (I spelled it wrong). Maybe Cenote Encantado.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
reviews: 22
4. Re: budget beach bungalows in Tulum

Ask Ahau about their Guest House accomodations. Community for sure, yoga and restaurant as well. It's a shared-bathroom house where the walls don't go all the way to the ceiling, but the beds are nice and so are the people.

Yoga Shala definitely another great choice.

5. Re: budget beach bungalows in Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 27, 2014