We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help picking a hotel for our destination wedding

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego, CA
reviews: 4
Need help picking a hotel for our destination wedding

We are having our destination wedding in Tulum, I need help deciding on what hotels to suggest for our guest. I'm looking for two options, one option which is all inclusive and affordable and then another option more of a boutique cabana style which is more typical in Tulum. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers.

26 replies to this topic
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Need help picking a hotel for our destination wedding

Might be nice if they are near the wedding location. Do you know where you are getting married? Do you know what price point your guests are comfortable with?

San Diego, CA
2. Re: Need help picking a hotel for our destination wedding

We do not have a firm location on wedding venue yet, it will be in Tulum. I think something around $100 a night all inclusive would be good for our guest.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
3. Re: Need help picking a hotel for our destination wedding

Tulum doesn't really have all inclusive hotels.

San Diego, CA
4. Re: Need help picking a hotel for our destination wedding

I heard Dreams Tulum is all inclusive and not far from all the smaller places. Any thoughts on that place?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
5. Re: Need help picking a hotel for our destination wedding

It's location is actually Tankah and has more chacteristics of Tankah's beach rather than Tulum sandy beach. I'm not familiar with AI pricing, but I think it's a lot more than $100/day/person.

Take a look at a few maps, etc to get to know the area. Locogringo has aerial maps plus details on how the beaches are.

Tulummaps.com shows the three different areas of Tulum.

Sac-be.com has a lot of good info too.

Alltulumhotels.com is the most up to date map of them all.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
reviews: 21
6. Re: Need help picking a hotel for our destination wedding

I don't know any all-inclusives for $100/night except maybe Akumal Beach Resort in low season and a great deal. Akumal is about 30 minutes north of Tulum.

And as Pepper said, there really aren't any in Tulum proper.

When is the wedding? And what features of a hotel are you seeking?

San Diego, CA
7. Re: Need help picking a hotel for our destination wedding

Thanks for all the comments, I think finding an all inclusive seems like it's out of the question, which is fine, I was really just wanting a location where all our guest can stay in one location that is cheap and not have to worry about anything.

We are planning on having the wedding Aug 30, 2013, so the better question is, where we can find a cheap beach venue, and then provide a couple of options for our guest to stay, maybe one with all the amenities, and then something more inexpensive. We love Tulum, and we love the rustic charm of many of the smaller places out there, but my concern is our guest may not like that and I would like to give them an option that is not so rustic. Any suggestions?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
8. Re: Need help picking a hotel for our destination wedding

Do you know about how many people will attend your wedding?

San Diego, CA
9. Re: Need help picking a hotel for our destination wedding

We are thinking around 40ish, we've stayed at several places in Tulum before, la luna, playa azul etc.. We love those locations for a venue, but they are just too expensive for us. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
10. Re: Need help picking a hotel for our destination wedding

That's a fairly large group of people for Tulum. You might need a few hotels to choose from. Have you contacted a wedding planner? Try these guys: www.destinationweddingstulum.com/index.html and read through their blog for ideas: http://www.mytulumwedding.com/ .

You could rent all the houses at Playa Selva. Have Tita Tulum and Nueva Vida for overflow guests. Have your ceremony at Playa Selva. Do a casual BBQ for your meal.

Reply to: Need help picking a hotel for our destination wedding
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted