We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any thoughts on Ixchel Playa and Cabanas, Tulum

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
beverly, ma
reviews: 36
Any thoughts on Ixchel Playa and Cabanas, Tulum

We are excited about our upcoming trip to Isla Muj and Tulum!! We are getting ready to book at Ixchel Playa and Cabanas, but wanted to hear from the tripadvisor Tulum Travel specialiasts on their thoughts. Thanks Everyone!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Any thoughts on Ixchel Playa and Cabanas, Tulum

I don't know much about them. Have you looked at the reviews?

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 74
2. Re: Any thoughts on Ixchel Playa and Cabanas, Tulum

Definitely check out the reviews on TA for both these places - that way you don't have to rely on someone who has stayed there happening by and seeing your post.

We are booked at Cabanas Tulum for an upcoming trip. I will post a review when we get back :)

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
reviews: 22
3. Re: Any thoughts on Ixchel Playa and Cabanas, Tulum

I haven't been there, at least not in this current incarnation. I just looked at their website, looks nice, kind of old school Tulum. Limited electricity, looks like, and no fans for overnight (?). Prices are decent compared to what's going on these days, but maybe a bit high for what you get. I wouldn't pay $130 in summertime without a fan all night.

4. Re: Any thoughts on Ixchel Playa and Cabanas, Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 27, 2014