We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any budget hotel suggestions please

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford, United...
reviews: 57
any budget hotel suggestions please

We have 3 weeks and got sorted out for the first 2 but fancy a hotel with a pool for the last week but we are on a budget of less than $200 USD.

Any area as we have a car and it does not have to be beach front but near to places to eat I have searched and searched but cant find anywhere our dates are 3rd jan 2013 for 7 nights (high season I know) but hope someone here may know ...you could PM me if you are such a hotel so it wont get deleted from the thread or post any ideas...thanks in advance.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
1. Re: any budget hotel suggestions please

CoCo has shared bathroom cabanas.

Nueva Vida has a couple of garden rooms.

A few people have mentioned Ixchel lately. I don't know much about them. Seems that they have good prices.

Las Palmas Maya is on the jungle side of the road but you can have access through OM.

Super budget, there's Yoga Shala on the jungle side too.

You mention Jan 3 of 2013. Are you already there?

Edited: 7:51 am, January 25, 2013
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
reviews: 22
2. Re: any budget hotel suggestions please

Assuming you mean 2014... And you want a swimming pool. Only places with pools on the beach are BeTulum (way out of your budget), Las Ranitas (mostly out of budget but they do have two or three rooms in the garden that might work and are very nice), Suenos Tulum (probably also too high), Parayso (under budget but getting tough reviews lately), the jungle rooms at La Zebra (might work but the pool is right on the road behind a thin cover of trees), Cabanas Tulum (the rooms allowed to use the pool are out of your budget but you can ask), Los Lirios (just installed a small pool in front of the restaurant), Ana y Jose (way above budget), Zulum (very tiny pool, not really for swimming and not sure of budget), the Villa Zanzibar at Cabanas La Luna (out of budget), Puerta del Cielo (small pool by the restaurant but should fit budget in a cabana) and El Pez (likely out of budget).

Oh, and there's another place listed on VRBO on the jungle side of the road that looks really nice and should fit your budget and has a pool. Can't remember for the life of me what it's called but there are I think 5 units in the building.

Plenty of places in town, several with pools. Look at Villas Geminis, have heard great things about them and they have a pool, a block or two off the main drag.

Teetotum has a kind of plunge pool, on the beach access road.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
3. Re: any budget hotel suggestions please

Is it this place, BR?

http://www.vidasilvestretulum.com/home.html

BTW, alisha - I totally misread your wants list - pay no attention to the listing of hotels I gave you. I didn't see the pool part, etc.

Bradford, United...
4. Re: any budget hotel suggestions please

Thanks I did mean 2014.

Still looking but it looks like we will have to pay more...lol oh well have to dust off the credit card lol

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
5. Re: any budget hotel suggestions please

Yes, that's the place, Pepper, thanks!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
6. Re: any budget hotel suggestions please

Oh, and did I mention that if you really want a pool you could try a condo up in Akumal? I know it's not Tulum, but some of them are really nice and many have pools.

Appleton
reviews: 4
7. Re: any budget hotel suggestions please

You might want to try Posada Yum Kin (pyktulum.com). It's not on the beach, about ten blocks from the main part of town, but has beautiful suites with kitchenettes, a gorgeous pool and a nice complimentary breakfast each day. If you have a car, you'll be fine.

Bradford, United...
8. Re: any budget hotel suggestions please

Thanks...thats looks great.

9. Re: any budget hotel suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 30, 2014