We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

take out for dinner

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maine
reviews: 11
take out for dinner

We are bushed when we finally get settled in after a 5:00 AM flight into CUN. We rent a house and really do not want to get back into the car and go out for dinner, especially after a stop for groceries and ice. Nor do we want to cook. We want the beach, homemade margaritas, and some good take out. We have done Pollo Broco in the past but are looking for suggestions for something different. We generally do not like to order the kinds of food that we can get at home, so any ideas for places to go for local take out would be appreciated!

Austin
reviews: 61
1. Re: take out for dinner

There are a lot of places that will deliver so you may just need to pick up the phone. Try La Fiesta which has a wide menu from Italian to paella to arrachera to seafood. Pasta and pizza are always a good choice. Ck out the location on TA and you can call in your order to Ephraim. Enjoy.

Austin
2. Re: take out for dinner

Actually La Siesta

maine
3. Re: take out for dinner

Thanks for the tip... the house is into the Sian Ka'an so not sure if they would deliver there. Will check it out though!

Edited: 8:58 pm, January 24, 2013
Austin
4. Re: take out for dinner

Check the website, you can call in and do carryout.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
5. Re: take out for dinner

You might not expect it but many restaurants have to go containers. Now that we rent houses more and more, we tend to take leftovers with us. Since you'll be inside Sian Kaan, try Rosa del Viento, Be Tulum or Las Ranitas. I would just pop in and ask if they can do a to go order....I'm betting most places are accommodating.

Traverse City...
reviews: 69
6. Re: take out for dinner

If you're stopping for groceries, chances are there's a deli section. San Francisco and Chedraui, for instance. Some mighty tasty carry-out there....

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
reviews: 22
7. Re: take out for dinner

You'll be hitting town pretty early, but I think a lot of the stands and such open in the morning. There's a carnitas shop (east side of the street, south of Don Cafeto's by about a block, I think the front is orange) where you can buy by the kilo with all the sides, rather like Pollo Bronco.

Next to the bus station is (or used to be) a little guy selling cochinita pibil, and I think he only works mornings.

And as PlayaGuya said, Chedraui has some pretty good takeout too. You'll have fun in that store!

maine
8. Re: take out for dinner

Do love that store, although it makes me sad to see Tulum Walmartized.

Traverse City...
reviews: 69
9. Re: take out for dinner

Pretty sure the "pit pig pibil" guy is still there in the morning, but only one day a week. Mighty good eatin' though!

TC
10. Re: take out for dinner

Is there a Cheduari in Tulum? Directions?