We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet hotel in Tulum?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 12
Quiet hotel in Tulum?

Are there parts of Tulum that tend to be noisy and/or often have parties? We live in a big city and like peace and quiet. Any suggestions would be welcome.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
reviews: 22
1. Re: Quiet hotel in Tulum?

This is becoming more of a question than it ever should have. Tulum has always been prized for its peace and quiet, but this past year or so has seen unfortunate changes in the noise levels on the beach. I really can't say which places are worse than others, nor which times of year, as parties seem to pop up here and there.

I've heard that the Ak'iin beach club has some weddings that go really late, but I don't think there's any way to know when that might happen. Las Ranitas had some house music out on the beach last summer, but someone said they stopped it.

I'm sorry to say I just don't know a way of protecting ourselves but to ask our hotels when we're writing to them asking about reservations to say that hearing loud music at night would really ruin our time there so please to find out for us and/or promise it won't happen. This may not do anything at all, but my personal goal is just to make every single hotel owner along the beach know that their guests do not always welcome loud music and would not return if they experience it, either from that property or from their neighbors.

Again, this may be tilting at windmills, but silence is not an effective strategy so I encourage everyone to talk this up as much as possible with their potential hosts.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
2. Re: Quiet hotel in Tulum?

By the way, I'm sorry if I overreacted. Tulum is still a peace-and-quiet kind of place. I have never felt to calm as I do down there. The recent increase in party noise is still really mild compared to Cancun or Playa del Carmen. So I certainly don't mean to scare you away, just trying to encourage everyone to be vocal about their desire for continuing the famous peace and quiet!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
3. Re: Quiet hotel in Tulum?

There is hardly a guarantee of anything anymore. While your hotel might be peaceful, a couple of properties away, there could be a party. So I'll just give you what I would try for knowing I don't want to be disturbed day or night by party noise.

Casa de las Olas is at the very end of the beach hotel zone. They get great reviews. You walk about 20 steps to the south and you are in Sian Kaan.

Rosa del Viento would be the next hotel. There are some rental homes between CdlO and RdV, small quiet houses (well, Casa Chic is rather large).

Next would be Suenos. They don't have much around them. Should be fairly quiet.

Then La Luna. I've stayed here twice and then once at a rental house nearby; never been bothered by noise.

Hopefully this will give you something to go by. Let us know what hotels you like.

New York City, New...
reviews: 12
4. Re: Quiet hotel in Tulum?

I was looking at Rosa Del Viento!!! Many thanks!

Is this walking distance to other restaurants/hotels/etc?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
5. Re: Quiet hotel in Tulum?

I guess I was feeling cranky last night, sorry about that! :-)

Rosa del Viento is a very nice place. "Walking distance" is relative, some folks like a hike, some don't. It is pretty far south; very close to Hechizo, one of the finest restaurants in the area (fine dining, not "beach food"). The RdV restaurant is pretty good and a fabulous setting. I didn't walk much on the beach road down there but I believe there is at least one place on the jungle side that far down.

BeTulum is reasonably close, and once you get that far, there's Las Ranitas and then Om a few hundred yards more.

If I lived that far down, I'd probably take a good long walk north at the end of the day, as far as I felt like, then have dinner wherever I landed and then take a taxi back home. But walking on the beach under the full moon is pretty fabulous and otherworldly, so check the moon calendar and the time of year--maybe you'll see turtles! (If you're down during turtle season, please use a red light flashlight on the beach, not white which disturbs them).

Can't wait to hear more about Rosa in terms of actually staying there. I really like the property.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
6. Re: Quiet hotel in Tulum?

Another poster shared this map with us this week - you can see how close (or far) everything is.

http://www.alltulumhotels.com/

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
7. Re: Quiet hotel in Tulum?

Oops, posted to the wrong thread, deleting.

Edited: 4:00 pm, January 25, 2013
8. Re: Quiet hotel in Tulum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 27, 2014