We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

share a transfer? cancun to tulum 27 april

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 16
share a transfer? cancun to tulum 27 april

hi

this will be our first trip to Mexico and was wondering if anyone wanted to share a transfer from Cancun down to Tulum

we are flying Virgin and arriving on 27 april approx 1630

let me know if interested

jeni

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya
reviews: 6
1. Re: share a transfer? cancun to tulum 27 april

Hopefully you can find someone on your flight willing to share.

I would very strongly advise against trying to organise a ride share with someone on a different flight because flights can and do get delayed. If someone who was originally due to land around the same time as you ends up being 4 hours late, will you wait or just go? How will you communicate that to them when they're still at 30,000 feet?

My apologies if you'v already thought of this .... but you'll be amazed at the number of posts likes yours by people who haven't considered this scenario at all.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
2. Re: share a transfer? cancun to tulum 27 april

find someone on your flight willing to share.

However you cannot just show up to your private transfer with extra people

They can legally only take the prebooked number

Trail, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: share a transfer? cancun to tulum 27 april

There is a wonderful bus system called ADO that leaves terminals two and three regularly with air conditioned modern buses with luggage storage . I'm not sure if it goes direct to Tulum or stops in Playa Del Carmen with a stop . Someone will know more . The desire to just hit the beach is very strong on that first day but a first timer might benefit from the short stop right in the heart of the pedestrian only tourist district of Playa Del Carmen , to see it and know whether you wish to return for a day trip . The buses leave there for Tulum regularly so you could stay or head straight through as you choose . Cost would be under 150 pesos each . This would not be for everyone but a useful streamlined way to see PDC that otherwise takes a half day with transit times for those with an interest .

Cheers and enjoy

uk
reviews: 16
4. Re: share a transfer? cancun to tulum 27 april

thanks all

how long is the bus trip from cancun to tulum - that might be a better option though i guess we wont see much arriving at 1630

jeniben

5. Re: share a transfer? cancun to tulum 27 april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, January 16, 2014