We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking feedback on Aldea Zama condo units

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Portland...
Seeking feedback on Aldea Zama condo units

Hello all,

We are planning to visit Tulum beach area in late March/ early April and are overwhelmed by all the good lodging options! We want to spend a lot of time on the beach but have read reviews talking about the noise and salt water showers as a drawback. So, we're wondering about staying at the Aldea Zama condo unit, which is apparently a 5 minute bike ride to the beach? There are several units listed on vrbo.com but no reviews. I'm assuming that's because they are so new--but also it seems few of the units are booked this winter. Hmmm, what's that about? Is anyone familiar with this condo complex? Is it a nice place to stay and is it really close to the beach? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Seeking feedback on Aldea Zama condo units

It's closer to the beach than the pueblo for comparison, but still not super close. It's a very new development and I don't know much about it. I would guess the units that are booked are for the owner's themselves staying in their own condos?

So...regarding noise - that's only if you stay in a room near the road. We try to help with that on the forum....but often that's where the budget rooms are located.

The showers are not saltwater. Many hotels have water trucked in. You will see water trucks up and down the road...not saltwater. Other hotels use sophisticated filtering systems and use ground water which tends to be brackish...not pure saltwater. I have never showered with pure saltwater and anyone who says they are has been misinformed. My shampoo always lathers...

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 2
2. Re: Seeking feedback on Aldea Zama condo units

The condos in Aldea Zama are top notch. Not much rental history becuase they are brand new. Most don't even rent them yet. I personaly visited the conods in November. Super nice and modern. Beach is 5 mins away. Has all amenties and pool. I am actually thinking of buying one.

Austin
reviews: 68
3. Re: Seeking feedback on Aldea Zama condo units

I stayed at Zama Village condo 211 in Aldea Zam last July and August and found the place to be very laid back and quiet. It is in the middle of the jungle! Plenty of security with brand new luxury condos. About halfway between the town and the beach so 5-10 minutes either way. We rode bikes to the beach and walked to Chedraui and town.

I suggest that you just use a taxi if no rental car as it was warm in the summer. We had a rental in Dec and no problems. Several owners list on VRBO and Flipkey so take a look. Email me if you want some contact info.

4. Re: Seeking feedback on Aldea Zama condo units

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 26, 2014