We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
reviews: 12
Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

Looking at booking this for a family holiday. My daughter is mad on Dolphins and is keen to do the swim with Dolphins at the resort. Can any one give us their opinions on whether this is worth it or better to do it at one of the other locations locally. The resort facility looks a bit basic on the web site.

Also, do activities like windsurfing and a la carte restaurants need to be booked well in advance of us going, given we will be there at a busy time ?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

Try your question in the Akumal forum where your resort is more or less located. I've heard the dolphin swim at your resort is quite dismal to the point where some guests will not return to the resort as future guests.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

The pool is very small - perhaps research the dolphins at Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Dolphinaris

for info on the alacartes try the Top Questions over in the Akumal forum

Edited: 10:36 am, November 24, 2012
Prescott Ontario
reviews: 19
3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

I don't consider myself a bleeding heart and can tell you that quite a few guests of the GPB enjoyed there Dolphin experience.

Maple Ridge, Canada
4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

This is a great resort. I have been there 4 times in the last 2 years and going back December 9-22nd. It wasn't until my third trip that I realized that there were dolphins at the resort. It is not a main attraction. The living conditions for the dolphins is a little small, however if you daughter has been at a zoo or an aquarium then its much the same. When you are planning the trip ask the travel agent to request to be away from the dolphin pool. They are understanding that some people are not in favor of this practice. The Gran Bahia Principe consists of 3 resorts in one. You can travel between the 3 resorts which are Tulum, Coba and Akumal. I have always stayed at Tulum but went to the other resorts to enjoy a little variety in the meals, pools, entertainment, etc. It is a great place to go to relax, get pampered, eat and dance and have a few drinks and also enjoy the evening entertainment.

5. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, December 16, 2013