We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a Trip to Tulum

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
reviews: 14
Planning a Trip to Tulum

Highly considering a week long vacation to Tulum around the end of January or beginning of February. I'm really just looking for a place with beautiful beaches and relaxation. Any recommendations for other places are welcome.

A couple of questions about Tulum:

1) Is a car really necessary? My bf and I would probably prefer not to drive while on vacation. I realize that we would have to take a taxi into town, and I figure we'd probably do that on most days. Would it be cheaper just to take a taxi than to rent a car for 6-7 days?

2) What recommendations do you all have for excursions (for example, would want to visit the ruins, Sian Kian, etc)? For the sake of convenience, I sort of prefer organized tours that include transportation. Are there any websites or companies I should look into? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Austin
reviews: 77
11. Re: Planning a Trip to Tulum

For the last several trips to Tulum I have used EasyWay car Rentals and rented online.. They pick you up at CUN, take you offsite to their place behind the Pemex. I have paid $140 to $600 with tax and insurance for a week (5-7 days) for a 4 door, 4-5 passenger car. Ask for Fernando or Jose Maria. They also have a site in Tulum on the road to the beach by Chedraui.

Austin
reviews: 77
12. Re: Planning a Trip to Tulum

In Tulum you will have a beautiful beach and many places on it to explore and use a day or two starting at Cabanas. Coba nad Tulum ruins are both exceptional and closeby so no need for the larger Chichen Itza plus it is a long way. add in a day or two at the cenotes probably Grand and /or Dos Ojos and you will have a full trip. Pleanty of places in PDC to shop and it is about 45 min north. The new Liverpool is open south PDC by Playacar and it is something. I live in Austin and have plenty places to shop so my time on vacation is on the beach, at the ruins, on a bike or something with good food and drink. Have a fun trip.

Vail, Arizona
reviews: 16
13. Re: Planning a Trip to Tulum

If you get the chance, go to Ek Balam; not that crowded and the architecture is breathtaking...On a clear day you can see all the way to Chichen from the top of the Jaguar pyramid.

NYC
14. Re: Planning a Trip to Tulum

Any suggestions on how to spend a day in PDC?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
reviews: 22
15. Re: Planning a Trip to Tulum

You mean what to do there or how to get there?

NYC
16. Re: Planning a Trip to Tulum

What to do

17. Re: Planning a Trip to Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 27, 2014