We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation request for beachfront cabana south of Tulum

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
seattle
Recommendation request for beachfront cabana south of Tulum

Hi, will be in Yucatan in mid November, and would like to find a place for 3 nights in the area south of Tulum. I realize I can probably spend some time browsing through the forum for some ideas, but I'm hoping folks can throw out some quick ideas. My general recommendations are:

- beachfront private cabana/palapa

- remote, uncrowded, relaxing and quiet feel. Away from, and south of Tulum city center, if possible

- private bath

- onsite restaurant/bar, w/ good food. Doesn't need to be fancy at all, just good honest local/regional grub

- something under $200 would be great, under $150 would be ideal

- Don't need a lot of frills or extravagance, in fact, prefer less of it

- pool would be great, but not required

Thanks!

-jim

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Recommendation request for beachfront cabana south of Tulum

Not sure what the rates are, but take a look at Kismet.

maine
reviews: 11
2. Re: Recommendation request for beachfront cabana south of Tulum

Folks at Kismet are great but I'm not sure I would call what they run a restaurant. We had yummy margaritas but dinner was a fried steak (and not a great one), with mashed potatoes and frozen bird's eye veggies. We were sorry we wasted a dining opportunity in Tulum there, even though it was convenient to where we were staying and the price was right. You can do better.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
3. Re: Recommendation request for beachfront cabana south of Tulum

Yuck!! Thanks for the report on the food, missmarley.

Trail, Canada
reviews: 2
4. Re: Recommendation request for beachfront cabana south of Tulum

Om was showing at under 90 dollars mid November on Expedia . If not for the OP then for my own information I would be interested in opinions on OM . We spend a few minutes there while checking menus and strolling but that's all I know . Thanks

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
reviews: 22
5. Re: Recommendation request for beachfront cabana south of Tulum

Not sure what you mean by "south of Tulum"? None of the beachfront hotels is anywhere near the Tulum city center, which is inland and not on the beach (there is a tiny little "beachtown" area, but that's not Tulum pueblo).

If you just mean a nice beachfront hotel for those prices, you should be able to find plenty of options in November (depending on how late you go--some places start raising their rates for the US Thanksgiving, but none of them that I know of go to Xmas holiday pricing until the week before Xmas).

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
6. Re: Recommendation request for beachfront cabana south of Tulum

If you can let us know what you mean by "south of Tulum", alumj, we can help you more. I'm assuming you mean south of the Tulum hotel zone which would put you into Sian Kaan. But I could be totally wrong.

Davie, Florida
reviews: 2
7. Re: Recommendation request for beachfront cabana south of Tulum

spend slome time on gmaps and learn things like tulum town not being close to tulum beach.

Edited: 1:16 pm, October 06, 2012
8. Re: Recommendation request for beachfront cabana south of Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, December 14, 2013