We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Way Car Rental

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chesapeake, Virginia
reviews: 8
Easy Way Car Rental

I just finished reading most of all the bad reviews about

AMERICA Car Rental and I was wondering if anyone has had recent experience with EASY WAY?

Thanks.

71 replies to this topic
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Easy Way Car Rental

Renting a car is often a crap shoot. I always have low expectations and they are usually met. Lol!!! We rent from cancunrentacar.com - they are basically the same company as America. But we continue to rent from them for their lower rates and all taxes and insurance being included.

Chesapeake, Virginia
reviews: 8
2. Re: Easy Way Car Rental

Actually we had a good experience with Hertz in PDC last year, but their rates by the time you add all the necessary insurance are very high compared to America and Easy Way. Alot of folks think that their insurance covers them in Mex. NOT. We did go to St. Croix recently and USAA told us that we were fully covered there and in all the USVI, but not in Mexico.. Some credit card companies do offer limited coverage, but you have to use that card to pay for the rental and you have to wait until you get home to file your claim and get re-imbursed from them. If you wreck or damage a rental in Mex you have to pay up BEFORE you leave the country, so it is best to just use taxi's, etc or buy all the insurance. The zero deductible is great. I rented a car from a local company in Cozumel a couple of years back and while it was parked a dump truck side swiped it and pretty well wiped it out. We had witnesses and the driver never stopped. He was tracked down later- but all we had to do was go back to the office and report the incident and in less than an hour we drove off in another vehicle. The manager told us that if there had been no witness and we did not have the Mexican insurance we would have had to pay for all the damages.

I have been coming to Cozumel to dive since the 70's and have never had any problems there with local rentals. We have used ISIS there and Margarite is wonderful. I am hoping to have a similar experience in Tulum this October.

Edited: 11:15 am, July 11, 2012
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
reviews: 22
3. Re: Easy Way Car Rental

Easyway has just opened a new office in Tulum (less than a month old now), right across the road from the new Chedraui. It's best if you reserve in advance so they actually have your car, they only have about 1-2 cars on hand if unreserved, but I just rented from them last week and had a great experience.

Union, Oregon
reviews: 173
4. Re: Easy Way Car Rental

We use Easyway. Excellent!!

Campeche, Mexico
reviews: 6
5. Re: Easy Way Car Rental

I also use Easyway .. and is excellent .. have a main office in Cancun. if they do not have cars in tulum, cancun they send their cars .. happened to me so .. wanted a Jetta and once I get the car I took him to the hotel free of charge ... and I have rented in Cancun, Merida, Campeche and Tulum with EasyWay .... very good!

Illinois
reviews: 35
6. Re: Easy Way Car Rental

I have always had a great experience with Easyway. I have another one coming up in a few weeks. On a side note, I don't think one or two negative experiences is that bad. I've had bad experiences with other rental car services in the US and just consider it an oddity.

Portland, OR
reviews: 23
7. Re: Easy Way Car Rental

We just returned from Tulum area and rented a car from Easyway in PLaya del Carmen.

We drove from PDC to Tulum and was gone 9 days. The car was very clean and nearly brand new. Great price and they delivered the car to the hotel we were staying in PDC. Easy check in and easy check out. No hassels.

We are booked for May 2013 and once again will use EasyWay. I totally trust them.

Boston...
reviews: 49
8. Re: Easy Way Car Rental

Yeah, Easy Way really was easy. They shuttled us from the airport to the rental office/ lot, got us into our car quickly, did not try to scam us in any way. We returned the car pretty dusty & sandy, and they didn't seem to care at all. After processing our return, they drove us back to the airport. No complaints whatsoever.

London
reviews: 28
9. Re: Easy Way Car Rental

Another good one for Easyway; we are currently in Mexico with one of their cars, and service has been flawless up to now. They were waiting for us in the airport to take us to their offices, we received an almost brand-new car, and all the paperwork was carried out friendly and professionally.

Can't say anything negative about them.

Raleigh, NC
reviews: 3
10. Re: Easy Way Car Rental

Love EasyWay... have used them MANY times with no issues.

Reply to: Easy Way Car Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted