We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulum Ruins entrance fee

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Tulum Ruins entrance fee

If my family took a cab directly to the Tulum ruins does any one now how much it the entrance fee is? We are thinking of skipping the excursion package and just cabbing it to and from the ruins to our hotel.

Thx

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
reviews: 58
1. Re: Tulum Ruins entrance fee

57 pesos.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
2. Re: Tulum Ruins entrance fee

It's around $5usd.

Boston...
3. Re: Tulum Ruins entrance fee

Thank you!

Houston, TX
4. Re: Tulum Ruins entrance fee

Is there a reason the Lonely Planet book says it's $45USD? Is this a typo?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
5. Re: Tulum Ruins entrance fee

Probably its just that Lonely Planet is just wrong, as they often are. Or, does it say $45 . Its the same sign for pesos as dollars.

Houston, TX
6. Re: Tulum Ruins entrance fee

Lol, I was a little weary posting about LP on this forum but I just had to clarify. $45 just seemed ridiculous I almost thought about skipping the ruins.

It actually specifies $45USD (this is in the book) but I figured it meant to be in pesos.

Thanks for your reply.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
7. Re: Tulum Ruins entrance fee

As I said, you have consider it comes from a Lonely Planet guide. As little as they seem to know about some destinations, they may actually be unaware that the $ can mean peso also.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 89
8. Re: Tulum Ruins entrance fee

Speaking of the Tulum ruins, anyone else notice that the "Attraction" listing for the ruins is now a listing for "Maya Transfers Day Tours to Mayan Ruins of Tulum?" There is now longer any listing for the ruins themselves.

9. Re: Tulum Ruins entrance fee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, June 21, 2013