We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying condo in Aldea Zama - real Zama

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tulum, Mexico
reviews: 5
Buying condo in Aldea Zama - real Zama

To all you locals in Tulum:

We are considering purchasing a condo in the real Zama development.

How would you locals consider this as a place to settle down permanently?

Is it far from the beach (by foot or by bike)?

Is it far from downtown Tulum (if there is such a thing as downtown, it all seems very spread out)?

Do you know when the whole construction process of Alda Zama will be finished?

Are there other areas you would rather recommend?

minn
reviews: 2
1. Re: Buying condo in Aldea Zama - real Zama

We have wintered in Tulum the last 2 years and it is in my mind the best place on the planet. The people, weather, beaches etc are out of this world. We have been through the Zama project and it is first class all the way. They have 1 condo project called Zamma Village which is about finished, the rest of the land has roads in, and that's about all. If you are thinking about living in Tulum, the first thing you must do is spend a week or so there to see the area. There are many condo projects to choose from and many are still years from completion. Good luck on your search...........

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
2. Re: Buying condo in Aldea Zama - real Zama

You might be interested in this movie when it makes it's premiere. It touches upon the development in and around Tulum. Comes in Dec 2012.

www.shadesofbluemovie.com/about-the-movie/

Tulum, Mexico
reviews: 3
3. Re: Buying condo in Aldea Zama - real Zama

Hello.

I personally agree with poorfrombirth on the issue that you should come and spend some time in Tulum, I assume you haven´t due to the questions you make on the distance from the beach and town to Aldea Zama.

It is difficult to know with precision when a housing project this size will be completed but I´m sure is at least a couple of years far from it.

Again consistent with our friend, there are several more projects to consider before choosing, talk to you real estate agent to share what you have in mind and what projects would fit your ideals.

Congratulations on considering Tulum, it is indeed one of the most beautiful places in the world!

Tulum, Mexico
reviews: 5
4. Re: Buying condo in Aldea Zama - real Zama

Thanks everyone!

We are flying over to check out Tulum and the different condo sites tomorrow...

Will stay for one week.

Davie, Florida
5. Re: Buying condo in Aldea Zama - real Zama

A foreigner cannot buy real estate in or around Tulum as it is close to the ocean. What you can buy is a trust held by a bank which owns the real estate.

Washington DC
reviews: 10
6. Re: Buying condo in Aldea Zama - real Zama

Pepper what more do you know about this documentary? - have they been shooting in the area. I will definitely look for it when it comes out.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
7. Re: Buying condo in Aldea Zama - real Zama

I don't know much, Mimac. It looks very informative. Click on the "character" section and read the blurb from Dan - I can't wait to see the movie and hear what he has to say.

Davie, Florida
8. Re: Buying condo in Aldea Zama - real Zama

additionally if you look at real estate in town make sure the seller has the deed to the land. Tulum town was established with a version of a land grant and some of the original grantees walked away with the lot being taken over by a squatter.

minn
9. Re: Buying condo in Aldea Zama - real Zama

Go see RJ at Remax. his office is about 100m north on the Coba road. He has been in the area for years and is very trustworthy. Tell him Mike's friend Roger recommended him......He handles only deeded property..

Mississauga, Canada
10. Re: Buying condo in Aldea Zama - real Zama

The process is called a fiedecomiso, bank trust holding the property with the property in respect of Mexican laws for "controlled regions" the fiedecomiso recipient being the indirect property owner. I purchased one of the Zama Village units last spring when launched. I have watched the progress of this development on a couple of visits and the final product is well beyond expectations. There are many photos on the web for all whom wish to view. Flickr has some great footage of the grand opening, under zama village". I will be in tulum on may 14th for my final inspection and possession. The developers grupo kuau have been brilliant.

Frank from Toronto