We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Maeva Tulum Tips

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 57
Club Maeva Tulum Tips

My wife and I will be travelling to Club Maeva Tulum in mid January and I was looking for some tips on the resort. We have stayed at many all inclusive resorts in the past but never in Mexico. Hoping someone who has stayed at this resort can answerr the following questions.

1. Is the local Public transportation safe to use?

2. What is the best area of the hotel in which to rquest a room. We would like to be as close to the beach as possible.

3. What are best excursions to take?

4. Is there a dress code for dinner and is it enforced?

5. What is the best area to snorkle at the resort itself?

Brandon Manitoba...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Club Maeva Tulum Tips

Hey Timbo: Try going to the Texas Pepper (www.texaspepper.net)web site and read some of the reviews, forums and a few pictures. Many people use the collectivos (small white air conditioned vans) Cheap and safe. Dinner at the buffet is casual but if you can get into the beach restaurant only seating 35 people and reservations required it is a little more formal. Snorkelling sounds fairly good by the pier. My wife and I will be there in mid January with are two daughters. See you there. Jeff and Ruby from Brandon Mb.

omaha,ne
reviews: 2
2. Re: Club Maeva Tulum Tips

Hello-we stayed at Maeva so I can give you some tips.I would pass on the collectivos-very crowded and you have tto walk out to the main road to get them.Long way from the front doors of Maeva.We felt it was worth it to just take a taxi and pay a little more. Maeva has a taxi prices sign right at the front that lists the pre-set prices for all the trips you would want to take.The drivers don't vary from this.We felt the best excursions were Maroma Beach.You can pay for various things(snorkel,horseback,ATV beachside,speedboats,lunch).We did the package and had a blast.Also any snorkel trip off the property is reccomended if you are big on snorkeling.Not much of a live reef or colorful fishes and stuff at the resort.If you do snorkel there -go by the dock-that was where it was best.To get dinner reservations you have to stand in line at 6:30 A.M. the morning before to get one of the spots.Very frustrating!!! The buffet food was better anyways.All type of dress at the buffet-from shorts to dresses,jeans to khakis.Anything else you want to know feel free to e-mail me at lynnnov@netzero.com Have Fun!!!

Villajoyosa
3. Re: Club Maeva Tulum Tips

Both areas A and C are both closeish to the beach B less so C is by far the furthest fron the main hotel facitlities.

As far as trips and public transportation are concerned, we have always been of the opinion that self sufficiency is the best option. We hired a car from the car hire at the hotel it cost 50usd for the day and we were able to plan so much. We saved more than 50% on our day out, there were no problems and we would recommend it to anyone. You could even suggest that another couple join you and save even more money. It really is worth it.

Dress for dinner in the main restaurant is as you please pretty much, but if you manage to book the beach restaurant it really is worth the effort to dress up and make it a special night. (be prepared to get up early to book it if you want a guaranteed table) but it is worth the trip there in the evening to see if anyone has cancelled.