We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me find the right AI!!

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ok
Help me find the right AI!!

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary in May and have decide to go to Mexico to celebrate. We have several friends who are interested in going as well. Our ages range from 20's to 30's.

I am leaning towards PDC.

I know I want an AI, adult only, nice beach and swimable ocean area, pools, variety of resturants and bars, 24 hr room service, snorkeling, peddle boats, snackbar and bar close to the beach/pool. Maybe a place that has an anniversary package. Nightlife near by if not at the hotel.

My husband is interested in diving (even if its just learning in a pool), para-sailing, snorkeling and pretty much any outside activity (except golf). I just want nice sand, pretty water, lots of fruity drinks!

Any suggestions would be wonderful. I've read so many reviews and looked at so many places, I've gotten overwhelmed. And I am starting to think I am wanting to much. LOL

Thanks in advance!

Northwest Ohio
reviews: 15
1. Re: Help me find the right AI!!

We loved both the Tucan and Playacar Palace, but neither are adults only. The Tucan has a great beach, but the Playacar Palace had less kids, a step away was the night life and the food was fantastic, not to mention the top shelf liquor. Right next door is Senior Frog's and an Agua World for parasailing, etc.

san diego, ca
reviews: 20
2. Re: Help me find the right AI!!

For adults only (16+ years old) in Playa area, you might look at the Royal Porto Real and the Royal Hideaway. They both seem to meet your criteria.

chicago,il
reviews: 8
3. Re: Help me find the right AI!!

We are going to the RIU Palace Mexico next week Dec15-22 and I will let you know how it is. The beach and proximity to Playa del Carmen is why we decied to choose the RIU Palace.

Our age group is 20s to 30's and our mother in her 50's. My sister is also bringing her one year old but we have heard there are not many kids at this RIU it caters more to adults.

The Royal Hideway is also near the RIU and I will check out the beach for you.

chicago,il
reviews: 8
4. Re: Help me find the right AI!!

just back from Riu Palace Mexico. I posted a review on the hotel section you can read.

Overall the Riu Palace Mexico would fit your needs. The only real complaint we had was the food was nothing great and three people ended up getting sick although one may have had the Don Julio flu.

The beach was wonderful!!! The pool was ok but the beach is pretty close to a little beach bar and they do occasionally bring fruity drinks and cerveza to the beach. Overall we all enjoyed our stay- I just wish the food had not made us sick but I know this can happen anywhere in Mexico beacause my husband got sick at the Ritz in Cancun.

The beach from Riu Palace Riviera maya to Royal Hideaway seemed almost non exsistant.

Dallas/Ft Worth
5. Re: Help me find the right AI!!

My husband and I have been to El Dorado Royale several times and each year they better and better. This is an adults only resort. We are both travel agents as well. EDR has anniversary packages that are very similar to their honeymoon packages.

In regards to the resort amenities, you can be as active as you want at the main pool or even more secluded at the other pools. There are 11 pools on the property. Every suite has a jacuzzi, hammock on the balcony, mini fridge with bottled water, soda and beer, safe and just a gorgeous layout.

Everything you've described you wanted sounds like EDR.

Also, if you can splurge just a little, EDR has casitas that face the ocean and are like thatched huts. You are separated from the rest of the resort with your own swim up bar. Some on the 1st floor have swim up pools. Another romance feature they have are their outdoor showers (private of course!) and if you're on the 2nd floor casita, as you sit in the jacuzzi, open the window for an unobstructed view of the ocean.

If you're interested in reading more, their site is www.karismahotels.com

There are other adults only resorts but some of their age limits start at 13-16 years of age, such as Royal Hideaway. Impecable service and beautiful views from your veranda.

hope this helps and if you have any questions, feel free to email me at pattijo@allabouthoneymoons.com

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 17
6. Re: Help me find the right AI!!

I would have to steer you and your group to the RPR in Playa. Great pool, beach right in Playa for the nightlife and access to tours, diving etc....

7. Re: Help me find the right AI!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 17, 2009