We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone use Canada Tours for private shuttle?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coaldale, Canada
Anyone use Canada Tours for private shuttle?

We will be at the Moon Palace but want to take our entire group to the Playacar Palace for the day. Looking to book a private shuttle. Anyone do same? Approx. cost? Do we pay by the hr?

25 replies to this topic
Chicagoish
reviews: 3
11. Re: Anyone use Canada Tours for private shuttle?

I definitely plan on using them again. They were on time, very professional, and I got prompt and friendly responses to my e-mailed questions or requests.

Albany, New York
12. Re: Anyone use Canada Tours for private shuttle?

Used them last September and was fantastic both from and to the airport.

Our flight was early and we were off the plane, through immigration and customs in under 25 minutes. Somehow they were waiting for us and we left instantaneously with cool towels and water and beer.

Not necessarily the most talkative but friendly and courteous nevertheless.

This year we're using dream days because our friends wanted to do an escalade instead of van. But I definitely plan on using Canada again.

Thanks!

Justin

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
13. Re: Anyone use Canada Tours for private shuttle?

quote: This year we're using dream days because our friends wanted to do an escalade instead of van

Canada Transfers now have luxury vehicles

www.canadatransfers.com/deluxe-transfers/

Lethbridge Alberta
reviews: 107
14. Re: Anyone use Canada Tours for private shuttle?

Transfer # 5 coming up in January plus excursions with them again ;)

Albany, New York
15. Re: Anyone use Canada Tours for private shuttle?

Unfortunately I wasn't the one who booked this years transportation. But good to know for future reference!

Bayville, New Jersey
reviews: 27
16. Re: Anyone use Canada Tours for private shuttle?

Another vote for Canada Transfers. We've used them on our last three trips with absolutely no problems. Last trip in May we were starting our vacation at RPDC and ending at Xaman Ha condos. No problem picking us up at a different location than we were dropped of at. The are very responsive to any questions you may have. We will definitely use them next trip!

Dallas
reviews: 43
17. Re: Anyone use Canada Tours for private shuttle?

We've used them a few times now, and they're awesome. When you book it, you can tell them what kind of beer you want, and how many. It'll be ice cold and waiting when you get in your ride. And they don't rip you off. The price is pretty much what you pay for it at Mega! Using them again in November.

Minnesota
reviews: 12
18. Re: Anyone use Canada Tours for private shuttle?

We've booked for Cancun to Playa del Carmen for November, but I would like some more information.

I assume we pay the full round trip amount when we arrive? Is that correct?

When and how much do you tip? Do you tip on the way down and again on the way back, so the tip is based on 1/2 the amount each time? or 1 big tip on the full amount on the way back?

A local scolded me for over tipping taxis as it is the norm to give a very small tip each way. This is a bit different.

Dallas
reviews: 43
19. Re: Anyone use Canada Tours for private shuttle?

You do pay in full when they drop you off at your resort. We tip $10 each way.

long island, ny
reviews: 19
20. Re: Anyone use Canada Tours for private shuttle?

We are using them tomorrow for the first time. I used paypal and paid in full. One less thing to carry cash for.

We will tip 1/2 each way. the fair is $115. So, I assume we'll give $10 -$15 each way.

Reply to: Anyone use Canada Tours for private shuttle?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted