We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandos Caracol

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia MO
reviews: 2
Sandos Caracol

We just returned yesterday from a 5 night stay at Sandos Caracol. As usual the negative trip reports we read ahead of time we found to be completely untrue. Started to think maybe the no hot water was true but then realized the faucets in the room were backwards to just had to turn the opposite way and very hot water was abundant!

Any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Carbondale, IL
reviews: 1
1. Re: Sandos Caracol

Is there any building you could recomend staying in or do think they have worked out all of the kinks? I am glad to finally get some good feed back on the resort. Thanks for the post

Shakopee, Minnesota
reviews: 8
2. Re: Sandos Caracol

I have the little map of the resort layout. Were you in buildings 1-11? You can contact me also at message@thatec.com if you prefer email.

What is the distance from the buildings furthest from the beach when walking to the beach?

Do they have bicycles available to use?

Are the saunas separate for men and women?

Thank you for your help!

Columbia MO
reviews: 2
3. Re: Sandos Caracol

We were in building 34. It was a good little ways to the beach but not that big of deal. We generally just took our "beach bag" with us to breakfast at the buffets and then headed down to the beach after breakfast so that was pretty much right there.

As far as the saunas I never used them so I couldn't tell you anything about those. At the spa there was a nice big whirlpool type pool that had a few different sections that had seats around it that you could sit in and feel the jets. There were also some type of lounger/chairs with rollers all the way up them that you could lay on in the jetted water. You really had to hold on to the chair to keep from floating away though! My husband used the exercise room though and said it was nice and cool.

Shakopee, Minnesota
4. Re: Sandos Caracol

Thanks for the reply. I'll post in November after my return.

new hampshire
reviews: 9
5. Re: Sandos Caracol

were did you get the resort map i have been looking for one we are going in jan 2007 maybe you can bring one back and mail to me i will pay your postage thanks

Edmonton, Alberta
6. Re: Sandos Caracol

To the person who has the resort map, I would love one also! I am looking into booking for January 2007. Would like to see some positive posts as this is scaring me! This resort was one of the ones recommended on locogringo.com so it cannot be all that bad can it??

Shakopee, Minnesota
7. Re: Sandos Caracol

The little map is a jpg file that is on the hotel review. Look at the pictures of the reviewers and you will find it. Quality ain't real good but it works.

new hampshire
reviews: 9
8. Re: Sandos Caracol

has anyone looked at the sandos gala playacar resort thats where we are going now in jan the only thing that this resort does not hanve that the caracol resort has is a hot tub and the reviews are alot better than the sister hotel go to logogringo and look at the resort it is fabulous

Milwaukee
reviews: 4
9. Re: Sandos Caracol

Can you tell me if you feel it is safe to leave a laptop in the room? We don't plan on bringing much cash - I was reading on the reviews that they had a lot of problems with money being taken out of the safes - makes me a bit nervous.

Thanks

Leslie

Milwaukee
reviews: 4
10. Re: Sandos Caracol

Can you tell me if you feel it is safe to leave a laptop in the room? We don't plan on bringing much cash - I was reading on the reviews that they had a lot of problems with money being taken out of the safes - makes me a bit nervous.

Thanks

Leslie