We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting in a few weeks - have some PDC questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Martinez, California
reviews: 1
visiting in a few weeks - have some PDC questions

Hello!

I am visiting PDC in a few weeks with my fiancee and our 2 friends. We are staying at the Xaman Ha condos so we want to be able to stock up on food and drinks for the trip. My fiancee has a pretty good appetite and is worried about the non-AI lack of food options, so I want to make sure he is well fed.

Where are some good fruit stands and pastry places to buy food to bring back to our condo? Is this a better option than getting fruit and baked goods from Mega or Walmart? Speaking of Mega and Walmart, which one has better quality food and which one is closer to Xaman Ha?

Where can we find the best Caipirinhas?

How do we get to Akumal from PDC? How far is it? Where can we rent snorkeling equip for this? How do you get there from Xaman Ha?

We want to go back to Xplor - such a fun park! Last time we booked in through our resort but since this is not an AI, i think we need to find another place that does tour bookings. Any advice?

We want to visit Cozumel on a Sunday because I heard from some friends that they have dancing in the town square in the evenings. However, I read a post that says Cozumel is pretty slow on Sundays, even to the point where many restaurants are closed. We plan on swimming and snorkeling at sting ray beach, renting a car and driving to the "wild side" of the island to see the views and check out Coconuts and then coming back to see the dancing in the square and enjoy a yummy dinner and drinks. Do you think this will still be fun and doable on a Sunday?

Any advice of renting a car on Cozumel?

I was looking to compare airport transfer options but a lot of sites only provide info for people going from the airport to a hotel. Does anyone know a good option for transporting 4 of us from the airport in Cancun to Xaman Ha? The management company gave us their option but I think we can find one for less somewhere else.

Thanks for anything anyone can offer!!! :)

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
21. Re: visiting in a few weeks - have some PDC questions

Just to add to my previous post, we went snorkeling with turtles in Akumal and to a cenote in Puerto Aventuras with this company - our guide was Aurora and she was fantastic:

whaleshark-mexico.com/en/…inicio

Kalamazoo, Michigan
reviews: 4
22. Re: visiting in a few weeks - have some PDC questions

We are also staying at Xaman Ha in a few weeks. We rented a car, as we have in the past. Sometimes, it is cheaper than getting taxis carting you around. Esp if you are going on an adventure outside of Playa.

23. Re: visiting in a few weeks - have some PDC questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, March 14, 2015