We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Riu Lupita, Playa del Carmen

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Going to Riu Lupita, Playa del Carmen

We are staying at the Lupita in PDC on Ap 1-8.

Was hoping to get some feedback on where to go and what to see. Where is the best outdoor shopping areas? We want to make the most of our trip so if anyone's been there, can I have some information?

Houma, LA
reviews: 2
1. Re: Going to Riu Lupita, Playa del Carmen

We are going March 25 thru 31st so I'll be watching for info as well!!

Thanks!

BC Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: Going to Riu Lupita, Playa del Carmen

Hey cat

There are two areas to shop at. The closest is in the gated resort and is called Playacar. There are approximately 20 or so shops and would take about 5 - 10 minutes to walk. The best is in Playa del Carmen. You can walk and takes about 15 minutes or pay $4.00us for a taxi. There are many shops to buy things. Go down 5th avenue (main street), there are stores for about 15 blocks long as well as the cross streets. Plan to bargain lots! I walked down 5th avenue to the end making notes of who has what and for what price. Then on the way back I did my buying. Plan on going more than once. I went 4 times and the first time it took me 4 hours to walk through! You may want to bring your beach bag to put your purchases in.

Enjoy!