We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury resort near Playa del Carmen

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 7
Luxury resort near Playa del Carmen

Hi gang-

Any recommendations on a really nice, smaller luxury resort that is easy walking distance to restaurants in town? I don't want to go all inclusive, but would like some nice amenities like a pool and really nice rooms.

Thanks!

10 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 10
1. Re: Luxury resort near Playa del Carmen

Check out The Palm at Playa, never been there as I like AI, but it looks beautiful.

Omaha
reviews: 2
2. Re: Luxury resort near Playa del Carmen

El Taj. Never been there but I think it fits the bill.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
3. Re: Luxury resort near Playa del Carmen

or try Top Questions

From the Playa del Carmen Destination Experts

BEACH & BOUTIQUE NON-AI Hotels & Condos

Authentic to upscale & trendy beach hotels & condos offer loungers and make the morning commute easy. Boutique & more affordable hotels on and around 5th Ave are a short walk to beach clubs, be sure to ask for discount coupons. Many have onsite dining.

NON-AI Hotels in town

Some of the options available on and off the beach in Playa del Carmen steps from bars and restaurants. More listed in links on the left. ... (more)

Beachfront Cabanas

A variety of beach cabanas can be found in Tulum, in PDC & outside of town. From luxury and eco-chic to budget basics. Even some with A/C! ... (more)

High End Hotels NON-AI

High end spots in and around town worthy of a splurge. ... (more)

Private Plunge Pools & Outdoor Showers

Romantic & high end AI & NON-AI hotels and resorts offering private pools or outdoor showers. ... (more)

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 7
4. Re: Luxury resort near Playa del Carmen

Great- thanks. This is helpful. It's such a big decision- too easy to get caught up in the details! I spent about 2 hours yesterday combing through reviews...

Edited: 9:24 am, July 30, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
5. Re: Luxury resort near Playa del Carmen

I know you said non AI but we stay at the Royal Playa Del Carmen and still eat out off the resort whenever we want. We find the price compared to alot of the Condo's that are "high end" is still a great option. We like the AI especially for breakfast lunch and drinks on the beach during the day. We have done non AI and find we spend easily 100 a day for food and drinks not including dinner. So having no bill for breakfast lunch and drinks leave us the option to still eat off the resort whenever we feel the need to. Plus the hotel is right in town in a great location steps to fifth ave. All rooms have jacuzzi tubs and are all very nice as well. Worth a look for sure.

Orange, California
reviews: 60
6. Re: Luxury resort near Playa del Carmen

There really are no high end resorts within walking distance of PDC proper. As mentioned earlier, El Taj may be the most deluxe lodging, but definitely not a resort.

Trenton, NJ
7. Re: Luxury resort near Playa del Carmen

I was just about to post a similar question, except we are interested in the AI for the same reasons you stated- breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks, but we'd love to be close to town to eat out and get some local flavor. Do you have a recommendation for another resort- the Royal is perfect but doesn't allow kids, we have a well behaved 2 year old, haha.

Miami, Florida
8. Re: Luxury resort near Playa del Carmen

I'll second El Taj. It's very nice.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 18
9. Re: Luxury resort near Playa del Carmen

Buckie:

Look at either of the Riu Palaces.

Winnipeg, Canada
10. Re: Luxury resort near Playa del Carmen

buckie there is Playacar Palace or even the sister resort to the Royal is the Gran Porto.(Gran Porto not really luxury but great service and food though)

Reply to: Luxury resort near Playa del Carmen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted