We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 124
Restaurants

Hi - we will be in Playa Del Carmen at a condo from 12/25-1/2. Will have two adult children there with my husband and me. Please suggest some restaurants so we have a list starting out. Thanks.

Sayulita, Mexico
reviews: 80
11. Re: Restaurants

All the restaurant´s from Jules Verne to the Fat Duck none has impressed me so much as the foodshack owned by an old lady in Kho Mook, Thailand.This lady cooked fish/chicken/Beef to perfection and where local spices harmonized nicely with the dish.I think her secret was to not overdo something that nature already made perfect.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
reviews: 7
12. Re: Restaurants

I'm not going to argue with the Swede. Look at the size of that gun. Although my daughter and her fiance just got back from Thailand and they told me they got pretty sick from the food. Wish I had known about Kho Mook. They could have used a good place to eat over there.

Sayulita, Mexico
13. Re: Restaurants

Here is the restaurant i was talking about on Charlie Beach in Kho Mook:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1820355-d…

Well Oldtraveller there is always a next time.I think your daughter and fiance would be quite pleased with the island Kho Mook.I do recommend to stay at Charlie Beach and to avoid Sivalai Beach like the plague.Sivalai have only one restaurant(which is quite bad),two hotels and an artificial beach where they have planted trees and imported white sand.It was formely a swamp =)

Edited: 10:38 am, July 26, 2013
St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
14. Re: Restaurants

Thanks Swede. They are pretty venturesome. They are one of the few to make the treacherous boat trip to Komodo Island. That turned out to be more dangerous then the dragons on the island.

Sayulita, Mexico
15. Re: Restaurants

Welcome OldTraveller i think they will like the Trang area of Thailand.If they can get over the bad experience they got from the food.At Kho Mook they can make daytrips to Kho Kradan and Kho Rok for snorkeling.Spend a day in the Emerald Cave during low tide which forms a beach in a valley,very dramatic scene.But now back to Mexico=)

ZeZe

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
16. Re: Restaurants

Actually ZeZe they are headed to Brazil for their honeymoon. They have dual citizenship with Brazil. They lead very interesting lives, I'm jealous. Now where is that Brazilian restaurant in Playa?

Vancouver
reviews: 25
17. Re: Restaurants

Im with ot3 on imprevist for dinner. The tuna tartar appie is delish and the filet was perfect. Nice to sit out on the street as well and taking it in.

La mission on 10th ave is good too.

Sayulita, Mexico
18. Re: Restaurants

@Oldtraveller it is the Ipanema Grill on 10th that mostly have about 5 customers on a busy night.I feel a little bit sorry for them not having many guests.Maybe if they was located on the 5th, they would get more guests and up their quality.Because for now their quality isn´t that great compared to an Brazilian Steakhouse in the states or Brazil.

How nice,so your son in law is Brazilian?or are you married to an Brazilian?gee if so,god bless you because brazilian women is like a soap opera with all the drama=)

White Lake, Michigan
19. Re: Restaurants

Including those listed by others, we also like...

Kaxapa

Ah Cacao...for a cold frappe midday, or a mocha in the evening

Chez Celine...morning breakfast, love the house made yogurt with Coba honey and fruits

Piola...love their pizza!! Sometimes, we just get it to go

Los Aguachilies

Fusion bar..nothing like eating out on the beach with your toes in the sand, listening to music

Taco carts...we'll grab something there before catching a collective for a daily outing

Bio-natural...for some natural basics not found at mega or walmart

Oh, there is a little juice stand on 5th, north end across from Kool Fish, makes up great juices/smoothies when coming back off of beach

Enjoy your trip! We're back down in November...not soon enough, lol!!

20. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 01, 2014