We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Yucatan re-opening

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Kentucky
Riu Yucatan re-opening

I read that the Riu Yucatan is currently closed for renovations. On one website I saw that they are scheduled to reopen July 27th. Does anyone know if this is still the date for the re-opening? My vacation starts on the 30th. So, I don't have a lot of lee-way. If I knew for sure I would go ahead and book the trip now.

Bayville, New Jersey
reviews: 27
1. Re: Riu Yucatan re-opening

You can email them at hotel.yucatan@riu.com Riu is usually pretty good with their reopening times for their renos.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 10
2. Re: Riu Yucatan re-opening

A member on another site very recently received an E mail from the Yucatan advising that they will definately be re-opening on July 27th.

austin
reviews: 6
3. Re: Riu Yucatan re-opening

Just came back from riu playacar. Call me a downer, but I can't see how the Yucatan will be open and ready in 2 weeks! It's still in external construction! It's looking like the finish out will be very modern. I wouldn't worry if I had reservations at the end of July- they'll probably put you up in any of the Rius!!

B.C. Canada
reviews: 13
4. Re: Riu Yucatan re-opening

That's the same everyone was saying about the Riu Palace Mexico mimimomx3 but they did open on time except for a few deficiencies in the rooms and around the resort, nothing that really affected your stay. The RPM's renos were much more extensive than at the Yucatan.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
5. Re: Riu Yucatan re-opening

I was there three weeks ago and I agree with mimi, I am no construction expert but there was a lot going on there. Even by Canadian or American standards I could not imagine it being ready. Felt sorry for the workers though 43 degrees with humidity and there going none stop all day.

I could be wrong but seemed like a lot had to be done.

Still love the RIU'S though

austin
6. Re: Riu Yucatan re-opening

Just reporting what l saw yesterday. Lots of open buildings that should have walls and internal fixtures going up. It's going to be great- but it's probably not going to be great in 20 days. If it is, I'll be amazed!

B.C. Canada
reviews: 13
7. Re: Riu Yucatan re-opening

I'd love to show everyone the pics of the RPM a couple weeks before opening, same thing as being reported on the Yucatan, but can't remember who posted them or where. At least at this time when all the resorts are probably not full they can always move some people to other resorts but when we went in Dec everywhere was full and transferring wasn't an option for them. Just bring in more workers and work 24/7 if necessary.

austin
8. Re: Riu Yucatan re-opening

There has been some rain to slow things down in the past few weeks, according to the Riu managers I spoke with.

Cardiff
reviews: 15
9. Re: Riu Yucatan re-opening

Oh you all have such little faith! I reckon the will be open on time, they have money to make and a good reputation to keep. Like bob said, they got the palace open on time, they are renovation experts :0)

Ma.
reviews: 1
10. Re: Riu Yucatan re-opening

Are they refurbishing/re-equipping the gym?