We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from a week at the Riu Palace Mexico - any questions?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
reviews: 9
Back from a week at the Riu Palace Mexico - any questions?

I've just spent a fantastic week at the Riu Palace Mexico in Playacar (booked through Thomson). If anyone has any questions about the hotel or area please feel free to ask and I'll answer honestly and in as much detail as I can! x

Oban, United Kingdom
reviews: 2
1. Re: Back from a week at the Riu Palace Mexico - any questions?

Hi Glad you had a great time. We head out on Monday 17th. Did you get a lot of rain last week then? I have read that a few people have said about the rooms staying damp with the floors wet did you have that too? Also was there any noise from the Yucatan and did Thomson guests go on the opposite side like they have said?

Pemboke, ON
reviews: 14
2. Re: Back from a week at the Riu Palace Mexico - any questions?

We are headed there but not until October, but just wondering if you can book the a la cartes several days in advance or do you have to line up every moning for a reservation that evening?

Pittsburgh
3. Re: Back from a week at the Riu Palace Mexico - any questions?

How close was the RPRM to the Palace Nexico and which of those pools did you like better? Also were there many women dressed up for dinners or just sundress and dress shorts? Did they serve American beer there? Thank you

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 23
4. Re: Back from a week at the Riu Palace Mexico - any questions?

I have the same ? as in post #2..........how are you making the a la carte reservations ?....my previous RIU experience has been the line-up......

B.C. Canada
reviews: 13
5. Re: Back from a week at the Riu Palace Mexico - any questions?

Reservations for a la cartes are day of, no booking in advance. No American beer, Dos Equis is in your room, bars and restaurants. There is a dark beer available also but not sure the name, think same company that makes Dos Equis. RPRM is 6 resorts north, about a 10 minute walk. Women wear sundresses, slacks, capris, shorts and long gowns. Don't forget, unless it's changed again, men must wear long pants in all restaurants (including buffet) except the Steakhouse for dinner at the RPM.

Pemboke, ON
reviews: 14
6. Re: Back from a week at the Riu Palace Mexico - any questions?

Eden, ours has been line up also, but when we visited the Palace Bavaro in Punta Cana you could book three days in advance, and I know at some of the cancun Riu's you can book via email prior to arrival

Plymouth...
reviews: 9
7. Re: Back from a week at the Riu Palace Mexico - any questions?

I was at Riu Palace Punta Cana in April. We booked ala cartes 3 days in advance. think during off season when they're not at high capacity they will let you book 3 days ahead.

B.C. Canada
reviews: 13
8. Re: Back from a week at the Riu Palace Mexico - any questions?

Not at the RPM Pilgrim, since we first started going in 2003 and annually thereafter, reservations day of. The RPRM down the street lets you do 2 or 3 at a time and also book via email. Different Manager, different rules.

Leawood, Kansas
reviews: 19
9. Re: Back from a week at the Riu Palace Mexico - any questions?

Is there any noise from the Yucatan? I read some reviews from posters complaining.

Which areas are air conditioned? Since we are traveling in July, we would like to be able to cool off after spending the morning in the heat.

Edited: 4:08 pm, June 12, 2013
Leawood, Kansas
reviews: 19
10. Re: Back from a week at the Riu Palace Mexico - any questions?

The long pants requirement for men, is that only for dinner? Or is that the requirement for breakfast and lunch as well.