We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help on a resort!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nebraska
reviews: 77
Need help on a resort!!

We are planning to go to Playa del Carmen area in January 2014. Be a 19 and 21 year old in one room and 55 and 46 in the other. Taking our girls on a vacation. With so many mixed reviews on here we are looking for a great beach, nice resort with great service and food(which I keep reading about not being good) At like the Barcelo where we planned to book. Now we are looking at Iberostar and Now Jade. Please give us suggestions. Thank you!!

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 106
1. Re: Need help on a resort!!

I would take a look at Secrets Silversands. Fun for all ages. The ocean is tough to get into (but can be done) but the actual beach is very nice. Seven pools (something for everyone) and great entertainment crew for the younger ones.

Oakville, Canada
reviews: 34
2. Re: Need help on a resort!!

Because of the price range of the resorts you are mentioning, I'd also look at the Palladium, great beach, lots of no reservation restaurants, spa with free water features etc. Also look at Iberostar Tuscan/Quetzal or one of the RIU Palaces or Yucatan (all renovated) in Playacar, great beach, close to Playa and the iberostar Paraiso complex. Barceló has a great beach.

nebraska
3. Re: Need help on a resort!!

I just got done pricing out all the ones I posted and they are all close to 1900.00 per person. We are looking to stay under 1400.00 per person with air at an all inclusive. Can that be done in Playa?

nebraska
4. Re: Need help on a resort!!

Barcelo Palace was our choice until I read about all the issues with the front desk and staff. It turned us away.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 1
5. Re: Need help on a resort!!

Once you get past the front desk, the barcelo is great!

nebraska
6. Re: Need help on a resort!!

Which one did you stay at? How is the beach?

Oakville, Canada
reviews: 34
7. Re: Need help on a resort!!

Are you able to be flexible to day of travel? I find that weekdays are cheaper to fly than weekends. I know that's sometimes not possible but it can make quite a difference.

If you can get the Barcelo for under 1400 including air, I'd jump on it. That sounds like a really good deal.

8. Re: Need help on a resort!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:33 pm, February 11, 2014
Coleman, Michigan
reviews: 1
9. Re: Need help on a resort!!

HI Sea S,

We are also going in January and just booked a 7 day trip to PDC. We will be staying at Sandos Playacar and we got flight and AI for $1330 per person. We talked about staying at the Barcelo Tropical but decided on Sandos because of proximity to PDC and dress code for dinner:)

New york
reviews: 2
10. Re: Need help on a resort!!

i just cane from Tuscan Iberostar not bad