We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to get from sandos caracol to tulum ruins?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Medford, Oregon
reviews: 13
best way to get from sandos caracol to tulum ruins?

Wondering what would be the easiest way to get to the Tulum Ruins from Sandos Caracol without taking a colectivo. Looks like possibly taxi into PDC then ADO bus to the ruins? any advice or other suggestions? anyone have a rough price estimate on bus/taxi? I read on here that someone was saying to take the "shuttle" from caracol to PDC but it was an older post, is there a shuttle available from the resort? would probably just me my husband and myself, thanks in advance!

Canada
reviews: 15
1. Re: best way to get from sandos caracol to tulum ruins?

Taxi to Playa would be about 150pesos,

bus to ruins would be 66pesos.

Taxi from your resort to the ruins, you may be able to negotiate down to around 600pesos.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
2. Re: best way to get from sandos caracol to tulum ruins?

Rent a car for the day

Do the Ruins

Drive down to the beach clubs on the Tulum road/beach

Cenote visit (perhaps Dos Ojos)

Visit Akumal

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 8
3. Re: best way to get from sandos caracol to tulum ruins?

There are no shuttles from the resort. Taxi from Caracol to 5th Ave is $14US.

Trail, Canada
reviews: 2
4. Re: best way to get from sandos caracol to tulum ruins?

Good answers to get to the ruins . Reverse them to get back .

or

Walk out the back entrance of the ruins a short way to the beach clubs just south of the site . Have a 25 peso beer at Zazil Kin , hang out . Cab to the main south beach area of Tulum , maybe Ziggy's at Cabanas Tulum with free daybeds for the price of a few beers , hang out a while , cab to Tulum pueblo . ADO back to PDC , a few pesos more than the ruins bus , and cab back to Caracol .

Now I know you said no colectivos , BUT , if you get on at the terminal in Tulum and also at the northbound colectivo terminal in PDC you get to pick your seat simply by waiting for one van to leave these first stops and often can sit in the front seats with a good view and the best A/C for very little money and hardly any delay . The areas near the almost adjacent ADO and colectivo terminals in both Tulum and PDC have much to offer the tourist/diner/shopper and can make a much fuller day more fun if you choose .

5. Re: best way to get from sandos caracol to tulum ruins?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 25, 2014