We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding affordable accomodation for one person

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 2
Finding affordable accomodation for one person

Hi folks,

I'm travelling to area at end of April was supposed to be with someone else but just on my own now, Im booked into the GBP but would like to have some time in Playa as think the GBP will be too family and couple focused for me to cope with for 2 weeks. Going to try to be in Playa from 1st to 10th May.

Just a few questions if people could help

Is it a good place for a solo traveller?

Is it easy to find reasonably priced accommodation? Any suggestions would be great.

also some suggestions for inexpensive places to eat, drink would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

David

San Francisco...
reviews: 6
21. Re: Finding affordable accomodation for one person

Hi Scottishman,

I agree that LunaBlue is a good place to go to relax and meet people. It's a small bar with a friendly bartender that makes it very easy to meet people. Very nice place to stay if you're looking to stay overnight (will have my second stay there in May).

Also have you ever thought about looking for a hostel? It would definitely be inexpensive I I've found many solo travelers stay in hostels for the communal atmosphere. I used to travel a lot on my own and always found new travel buddies in hostels. Also try salsa classes, cooking classes, or maybe a smallish tour. Good luck & have fun!

:) Roxy

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Coba
reviews: 12
22. Re: Finding affordable accomodation for one person

There are some very nice hostels in Playa. 40ish? why that's just barely into adulthood :) You'll find Playa is NOT filled with very young people with movie star looks. Mostly regular folks of all ages but tend (I think) to be on the more mature side simply because it's not known for "party town" atmosphere.

Glasgow, United...
23. Re: Finding affordable accomodation for one person

Thanks so much for all the advice and encouragement guys I was really nervous about being on my own for the first time in years but you have all put my mind at rest

24. Re: Finding affordable accomodation for one person

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:26 pm, April 19, 2013
Glasgow, United...
25. Re: Finding affordable accomodation for one person

I like the sound of Lunablue it seems a bit busier cos other people who dont stay at hotel say the bar is good but also like Club Yebo, is that quieter? which one do you think is best?

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Coba
reviews: 12
26. Re: Finding affordable accomodation for one person

No bar at Yebo but it is located near many nightspots.

Glasgow, United...
27. Re: Finding affordable accomodation for one person

bump

Phoenix, Arizona
28. Re: Finding affordable accomodation for one person

You will have a great time in Playa either way!!! La Luna Blue is one of our favorite places for cocktails and I have stayed there in the past but it fills up quickly. I have also stayed at Hacienda Paradise and I don't think anyone has recommended it yet. It is a small boutique hotel just two blocks from La Luna Blue. I looked online and they have rooms available at the "solo rate" for $64/night. There is also the Xperience deal that is less if it is available when you go.

And 40 is NOT too old for Playa. I am 37 today and my husband is 42. We love Mamitas for the convenience to our condo (Hacienda/Luna Blue as well) and the fabulous beach. I believe Luna Blue and Hacienda Paradise both offer vouchers for chairs and an umbrella which is a great bargain.

We arrive on May 2nd and I can hardly wait!!! Good for you for still going. Enjoy yourself!

Glasgow, United...
29. Re: Finding affordable accomodation for one person

Happy Birthday Travelbug thanks for the encouragement and advice.

I had a look at Hacienda it looks really nice thats another one to add to my list of hotels So far the list includes Luna blue, Club Yebo,Aventura Mexicana, El Acuario and now Hacienda Paradise. Think I might wait till I get there to see what prices and availability are?

30. Re: Finding affordable accomodation for one person

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 26, 2014