We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westjet

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Westjet

We are traveling with westjet for the first time, what type of amenities do they offer on the flight over to Cancun from Winnipeg? We would normally travel itch sunwing but unfortunately no direct flights at this time of the year!

Our flight is at 6am have to be at the airport at 3(omg) don't want to be completely famished by the time we arrive at our final destination of Sandos Caracol in Playa Del Carmen.

Toronto
21. Re: Westjet

We are flying WestJet from Toronto to Cancun this Tuesday. So to confirm there will be no live TV? Is that right? And possibly free PPV movies? I am travelling with a 5 yr old and a 1 yr old and was really hoping for some kids TV!

Edmonton
reviews: 14
22. Re: Westjet

For sure no live tv, once you get over the US. There is some free PPV movies, but last time we went, therer was no kids movie one way (our kids were 10, 7 and 1):(

BC
reviews: 95
23. Re: Westjet

We recently flew Cancun to Canada on West Jet. They are definitely NOT my favourite, after sitting on the runway for three full hours on the way down. Completely due to their incompetence.

Just to clarify things, they offered movies---all the same movie on all four channels. You had your choice of James Bond or James Bond or James Bond.....nothing suitable for children, unfortunately.

You do not get to pick your movie, nothing like Air Canada with its huge selection to choose from, for free.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
24. Re: Westjet

Definitely send you comments to WestJet as well

I have NOT been happy with their service recently

Vancouver
reviews: 25
25. Re: Westjet

"You do not get to pick your movie, nothing like Air Canada with its huge selection to choose from, for free."

But then you run the very real and present risk of falling victim to theor bait and switch and their policy of completely overselling their flights resulting in you being involuntarily denied boarding and bumped to some real crap flights.

Steep price for free movies.

Ill stick with sunwing and westjet

BC
reviews: 95
26. Re: Westjet

Post number 25: No problems whatsoever with our flights to Mexico on Air Canada, we bought them incredibly cheap and used AC two years in a row. Felt like First Class, compared to WestJet service.

This year, with WestJet, after sitting on the runway for two hours, 15 people had to leave (which took another hour with getting their luggage off, to make a three hour wait in total) or else the plane wasn't going anywhere. What a mickey mouse outfit they run. And yes, I did tell them this when they sent me the customer satisfaction survey.

27. Re: Westjet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 09, 2014