We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much is taxi from Secrets Maroma to Akumal?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lubbock, Texas
reviews: 39
how much is taxi from Secrets Maroma to Akumal?

Staying at Secrets Maroma in May. Wanting to spend the day at Akumal. How much is the taxi?

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Coba
reviews: 12
1. Re: how much is taxi from Secrets Maroma to Akumal?

Tip: take taxi to Playa Del Carmen ADO bus station on 5th. Take Mayab bus for $2-3 usd to Akumal. Tell driver to stop there. Walk over pedestrian bridge about 10 minutes to Akumal beach area.

Or Take taxi to ADO station and take bus to tulum, then cab to Akumal.

Much cheaper this way-spend dollars saveed on nice dinner, etc. Bus to Tulum leaves about every 15-20 minutes or so I think. Mayab bus maybe every half hour. Walk to station, see schedule, buy tickets.

In Feb. we took Mayab for about $2. Told driver to stop at Akumal (he's heard this plenty). When we left Akumal beach there was a colectivo waiting to fill their last 2 seats for Playa. Another $2 or so. They called out out to us and we took it. No roadside stops this time-all were heading to Playa. Taxis are not cheap - laswt time years ago maybe $25-30.one way. Coming back taxis were standing wanting $25. I came up witih $17 and driver took it. A fare is a fare but taxis/union have been in contention lately.

Edited: 12:15 am, April 05, 2013
Lubbock, Texas
2. Re: how much is taxi from Secrets Maroma to Akumal?

thank you but I prefer just having a taxi pick me up at the hotel. No hassle is the priority for this trip.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
3. Re: how much is taxi from Secrets Maroma to Akumal?

likely about 400-400 pesos

250-300 pesos from PDC into Akumal

Assume 100+ pesos extra from your resort

Lubbock, Texas
4. Re: how much is taxi from Secrets Maroma to Akumal?

So about $40.00 from the hotel? Is that per person or total one way for both of us?

Southern California
reviews: 1
5. Re: how much is taxi from Secrets Maroma to Akumal?

Pay the driver in pesos, if using dollars the taxi gives a 10-1 exchange rate so you pay a premium for using dollars. Taxis are normally priced per cab, not per person. Only had a taxi try to charge me pp once, coming from the Isla Mujeres ferry going to the airport and I just refused to pay it.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
6. Re: how much is taxi from Secrets Maroma to Akumal?

per taxi one way

remember taxis called into your resort will be more $ than getting one outside your resort

7. Re: how much is taxi from Secrets Maroma to Akumal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 09, 2014