We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Maya Royale H10/Area information anyone?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle Upon Tyne
reviews: 4
Ocean Maya Royale H10/Area information anyone?

Hi, i will be travelling to mexico on July 30th. We are looking at ocean Royale. Has anyone stayed here if so any pointers? Also i need advice on the weather...any trips that are good and how easy isit to get into playa del carmen, taxi fairs etc? Also evening weather? Cold breeze or warm?

Thanks emma

WV
reviews: 60
1. Re: Ocean Maya Royale H10/Area information anyone?

No part of July will be cold, The resort is small and has recently within a couple of years become adult only. Rooms are nice, beds a bit hard, but service good. Beach is okay, but ocean water color and quality is off due to past storms and the mangroves nearby. If you haven't been before fook into visiting Tulum ruins and snorkeling in Akumal or Puerto Morelos. A cab into Playa will run you about 20 USD if I remember correctly. Someone with more recent figures will chime in here to clarify. Search the forum for specific menus, privilege club upgrades etc. Enjoy and welcome to the the forum/

Newcastle Upon Tyne
reviews: 4
2. Re: Ocean Maya Royale H10/Area information anyone?

What about the rain fall? Have you ever visited in august? If you walk left or right does the sea water and beach improve? Thanks

Camberley, United...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Ocean Maya Royale H10/Area information anyone?

Hi Emma,

We stayed late July in to August and are going back again this year early August for two weeks.

Weather was hot, plenty of sun, and two short sharp downpours which dried up within minutes of stopping. If you turn left on the beach and walk down for 10-15 minutes you'll find the lagoon.

To be fair though, I found the beach fine. The water was a bit murkey but cleared after a few days and was perfect.

4. Re: Ocean Maya Royale H10/Area information anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 27, 2014