We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coba visit and "timing"

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 136
Coba visit and "timing"

We have a Coba and Tulum visit coming up on spring break. It will be Thurs the 28th. Leaving our hotel (close to 5th Ave etc) at 7:30am. We are trying to avoid the rush of crowds and heat of the sun and have chosen to go to Coba first so we can climb the big one before it gets too hot or crowded. We will ride one of those bici-taxis as well as have a guide with us. Would it be advantageous for us to go directly to the big one you can climb in Coba first....or..... Just tour the Coba site and get to the climbing one when "it shows up.?" Thx

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 2
1. Re: Coba visit and "timing"

Since you will not get there until after it opens, going to Nohock Mul first is not a bad idea. It may minimize the number of people there and be a bit cooler than if you spend an hour or so at the sites closer to the entrance.

If you have long lines at Tulum report back with how long and at what time? This is an unconfirmed rumor.

Edited: 8:08 pm, March 10, 2013
Edmonton
reviews: 14
2. Re: Coba visit and "timing"

You could do that to have it less busy, but I`ve not found it crazy buzy there anyway, but could just be luck. We enjoyed the way there and getting into it slowly, but that`s just how it worked for us and we didn`t get there until about 1pm in the afternoon. The whole area is really shaded, so that helps with the sun (of course not the pyramid as you are climbing above the trees).

Enjoy.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 136
3. Re: Coba visit and "timing"

Thx Co_Pilot 54

Coba! Going to Nohock Mul first then. (I'm for sure having my husband "re-enact your leg photo!"). I'm sure our guide will think I'm crazy!

Tulum! Oh I hate "unconfirmed rumors," LOL! Yes, definitely I will report back on that. I know doing it this way may make Tulum more crowded for us than we'd like it to be, but going to Coba with less crowds and "not in the heat of the day" was more important to us. Kind of was a toss up, ya know?

4. Re: Coba visit and "timing"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 12, 2014