We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bumped from the RPDC

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stouffville
Bumped from the RPDC

We booked in January for an April 3rd departure to RPDC and yesterday were told by our travel agent that we have been bumped, probably because the hotel is planning some major renovations. I'm not sure if I believe this and am so very disappointed. Has anyone who recently travelled there heard of any renovations happening? Not sure if it's the hotel or the airline that are screwing us over!

Wisconsin
reviews: 15
21. Re: Bumped from the RPDC

I was about to say that if you wanted to go to VIM, that you request a golden suite to be comparable to RPDC. We've been to both and I prefer VIM, because of the size, rooms (had a golden), the pools and evening entertainment. To me, the only thing RPDC had over VIM was the location.

Chicago
reviews: 19
22. Re: Bumped from the RPDC

You might try booking at the IB Grand next time. I have never heard of anyone being bumped when booked at an Iberostar, unless they were placed at the next-door higher cost hotel.

23. Re: Bumped from the RPDC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 01, 2014