We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick one...Fusion Bar or Wah Wah Beach Bar

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mt. Pleasant
reviews: 4
Pick one...Fusion Bar or Wah Wah Beach Bar

Help..If you could pick one would it be fusion or wah wah///Please give pros and cons..Group in 40's and a 22 yr old..

Edmonton Canada
reviews: 35
1. Re: Pick one...Fusion Bar or Wah Wah Beach Bar

You can do both they are very close to each other ,just a short stroll apart .

Mt. Pleasant
2. Re: Pick one...Fusion Bar or Wah Wah Beach Bar

Forgot to add we're young at heart and like to have a good time...not ready to grow up yet.. haha

MI
reviews: 8
3. Re: Pick one...Fusion Bar or Wah Wah Beach Bar

Yes, why limit yourself? Enjoy both. I woud go to Fusion a little later to enjoy their awesome fire show.

Pittsburgh
4. Re: Pick one...Fusion Bar or Wah Wah Beach Bar

Wah Wah (especially when Mike Grabow is playing). But I agree with the others, you can do both or even do a crawl.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
reviews: 7
5. Re: Pick one...Fusion Bar or Wah Wah Beach Bar

I like the different bands at the Fusion, and those low slung wooden chairs on the beach really add the icing to the cake. The food is better at the Fusion.

I do like JJ and the Nasty B$#@^@ at Wah Wah's on Thursday and Sat night. They have a pretty good pizza oven at Wah Wah's as well.

They are only 2 blocks apart on the beach, easy to cruise between the two.

Captain Dave's old bar, Bad Boys is half way in between. Might as well check the entertainment out there as well.

Mt. Pleasant
6. Re: Pick one...Fusion Bar or Wah Wah Beach Bar

thanks ev eryone for the input..maybe we will just do a crawl of our own...is it safe to walk the beach at night?? In punta cana you couldnt do that..thanks

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
reviews: 7
7. Re: Pick one...Fusion Bar or Wah Wah Beach Bar

No problem walking this section of the beach at night. It gets a little trickier walking the beach a little further north because of all the lines from the panga boats that are tied up.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 17
8. Re: Pick one...Fusion Bar or Wah Wah Beach Bar

I would pick Wah Wah. Good pizza, good prices on beer and booze and superior entertainment.

Fusion is just ok, higher drink prices and last time we were there, little to no beach.

Mt. Pleasant
9. Re: Pick one...Fusion Bar or Wah Wah Beach Bar

what time is good to head out to both???

Kentucky
reviews: 113
10. Re: Pick one...Fusion Bar or Wah Wah Beach Bar

We sat at Wah Wah on a Sunday night in January. It was their anniversary night. We sat upstairs at the deck area, great seats. However, the poor server that was alone trying to keep up with all the tables up there was overwhelmed. You could only order from the special menu: chicken or pizza. He took our friend's order; said he would come back for ours (!?) We watched him slowly stumble from table to table. We were kind to him, but we left our money for our drinks and walked out.