We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A steak house (market?) off the beaten path ... Ayudame!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 6
A steak house (market?) off the beaten path ... Ayudame!

In the summer of 2008 I went to a ridiculously great hole-in-the-wall steak place in PDC. I believe I used Trip Advisor then and it may have been rated high then.

I cannot remember the name for the life of me.

I believe it was south of Av. Benito Juarez...white plastic chairs. Writing all over the wall. I think even a cow painted on the wall too...open store front. Definitely away from the major tourist spots.

A giant steak is served with an avocado, potato, and salsa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or, if you need more information let me know...I actually have a couple pics from inside the place.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
reviews: 7
1. Re: A steak house (market?) off the beaten path ... Ayudame!

That was probably HC de Monterrey. They have moved to Constituyentes Ave. between 25th ave. & 30th ave. About 10 blocks north of their old location. They marinate those flank steaks until they are perfect, very tasty.

If you get a hankering for great local seafood head to El Pirata way up on 40 Calle, 1 block west of 5th Avenue.

www.intheroo.com/map

2. Re: A steak house (market?) off the beaten path ... Ayudame!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 19, 2014